Monday, August 24, 2009

Still on the bench

I am going crazy here.

My husband made a comment that if I was a thoroughbred horse, they would put me down. Apparently, they go mad if they can't run. He said, "you can't stable a thoroughbred." That's totally how I feel.

I'm thinking about running the a later marathon than the one I originally signed up for even though I won't have anyone to train with for the last three weeks just to give me more time. That is, if this injury ever goes away.

I did absolutely nothing for three days this past week and then did the elliptical and it doesn't feel any better. I have gotten 3 massages. I am rolling and icing 3x a day. I have my own electronic stem machine and am using it 1-2x a day. I did run yesterday, but the quad seized up on me.

Ug.

Sorry I haven't been commenting on your blogs lately...on top of all this, we're moving and I've been put in charge of a project at work and am working WAY more hours than I would like.

In Nathan news, I've been dealing with a food strike. He won't eat food. The only thing I've been able to successfully get him to eat is meat. He loves it. Good thing, because he's borderline anemic and I can't get him to eat beans.

Weekly Mileage:
Monday, August 17, 2009: nothing
Tuesday, August 18, 2009: 8.6 miles
Wednesday, August 19, 2009: 9.4 miles
Thursday, August 20, 2009: nothing
Friday, August 21, 2009: nothing
Saturday, August 22, 2009: elliptical 75 minutes
Sunday, August 23, 2009: 9.4 miles
Total Mileage: 27.4 miles

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are tough. Keep your chin up! You will get better, just keep at your rehab. Injuries stink.
    Sleeping is getting moderately better with Benji. We're still working on it and trying to be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you have alot going on! I hope that everything slows down for you except running, hope you start feeling better with it, and hope Nathan starts to eat better for you! good luck moving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really feel for you with regards to your injury. And I can't believe that you are moving on top of that! We moved in Feb from NC to PA and that was stressful. If you find any way to stay sane while injured, please let me know since I don't think I have figured that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dear. You really do have a lot on your plate right now. Wish there was some wise words of wisdom I could share but you know way more about running than I do. Hang in there. Good luck with the move too! You're staying in DC right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there!

    Hope you aren't moving too far away...

    MCM Mama

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm only moving 0.5 miles away from my current home. If anyone knows someone that would want to rent a 3br/2ba house in DC 2 miles to the Pentagon, let me know! We're going to try and rent out our current home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. Sorry about the injury and all the other stresses.
    It is no fun when your "go to" stress reliever is gone, just when you need it most.

    Hoping for a fast recovery for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like you're doing everything right with regards to the injury..not that that makes you feel better. moving stinks! hopefully you'll be settled soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha just saw your comment. They're not like chex mix bars! all healthy stuff! :) (but still a bar/extra food you don't need to eat) Hope you are hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the new house!

    I can't imagine how frustrated you are about your injury. Glad you were able to get into Richmond so you can give yourself a little more time to heal.

    And Nathan and Zach are polar opposites. I worry Zach eats too much! Wish I could give a little bit of Zach's appetite to Nathan so they could meet somewhere in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the move and staying sane trying to heal the injury. I know that goes. And even now, if I miss a run/workout I swear my husband gets a dose worse than the most horrible PMS case I could throw at him.

    How far out from the city you guys moving?

    ReplyDelete
  12. ha....just read the comments and saw you're not moving far :-)

    If you want I can post it to the foreign service websites (they always like seeing places close to the city) and another option is to post it to www.militarybyowner.com

    Good luck renting it out. We'll be doing the same thing next year.

    ReplyDelete