Nugget's developing quite a little personality and has developed some, shall we say, "quirks":
--Nugget likes to put plastic bags (or really anything) in his hands and push them around the hardwood floor. I think it helps him crawl faster.
--Nugget has started feeding the dogs. He'll reach his hands out to the side of his high chair and let both dogs lick the food out of his hands and then laughs and laughs. Right now it's cute, but I was thinking this morning as Nugget threw 99% of his food on the floor that I should start disciplining him. He laughs at me when I say "no," what to do???
--Nugget has been rocking his head up and down, left and right, and then laughing. I'm not sure if he associates "yes" or "no" with these moves, but when he is full he shakes his head left and right.
--Nugget loves it when you "hide" behind objects or when anything obstructs part of your face from his view. He cracks up when he's in the crib and I lean down and smile at him through the slats.
--Nugget's favorite book is "Pat the Bunny," which I object to on many levels, but I read it because it's the only book that he will sit still for. For one thing, do we really want our child to "do everything that Paul and Judy can?" He can be seen dragging it all over the house, occassionally licking Pat the Bunny. Perhaps he spends too much time with the dogs?
Pat the bunny was one of those books my mom always gave as a gift - but we don't even have it. Why don't you like it? The querks/tricks are cute, I love reading about them.
ReplyDeleteWe also get laughter with no. If you figure that one out, let me know.
ReplyDeleteHe sounds like a fun little guy! Glad he's feeling better.
Funny he loves Pat the Bunny - we have it as well. Zach is not a big fan, his favorite seems to be Hop On Pop by Dr. Seuss. He's also a fan of sticking his fingers in the holes of The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
so important that your kid likes a book YOU like! i can recite by heart a few of my favs...luckily, andra like them too.
ReplyDeleteJackson loves any touch and feel book and is finally really, really getting into the "lift the flap" books. There is a good series from Scholastic for this age group. Jackson loves them all, too.
ReplyDeleteI have a 13-miler this weekend. But I don't know if I'll be making it into the city for a run because hubby's schedule is up in the air at the moment and I don't have anyone that could watch Jackson in the AM for this weekend. Are you running on Saturday?
So...it looks like I'll probably have to run Saturday out here. Hubby is leaving on Sat for a three-week trip soooooo i think I'll probably stay local so we can spend as much time together before he leaves. Hope you have a great run, though!! Thanks for the nutrition tips. I was going to switch to the oatmeal since I love eating oats more than I do a bagel...the bagels always easier though when you're on the go :-)
ReplyDelete