Monday, February 15, 2010

Nine Weeks? FREAK OUT!

I guess I was really hoping that I would just get pregnant and wouldn't have to run the full Big Spring Marathon. Since it appears that isn't going to happen, I really need to focus on the training! I skipped an 18 mile long run last week hoping that it might help with the BFP...and because I was feeling tired...and now I find myself with only 9 more weeks to go. So, as MCM Mama would say...I put on my big girl panties and did my first 20 mile run yesterday...by myself...on the slippery streets...in the blustery winds...all within a 3 mile radius of my house. Needless to say, I ran up and down and down and up a lot of the same streets.

I was nervous going into the run that I wouldn't be able to keep the pace, but I did pretty well. Overall, my pace was 8:05, which I'll take given that many of the roads were still covered in ice and I frequently had to walk. I got in a few miles at 6:30 pace, so I'm feeling more confident. I still can't believe that the race is 9 weeks away!

Weekly Mileage:
Monday, February 8, 2010: 4 mile walk, 45 minutes yoga
Tuesday, February 9, 2010: 4 mile walk, 30 minutes yoga
Wednesday, February 10, 2010: 11 mile run
Thursday, February 11, 2010: 11 mile run
Friday, February 12, 2010: 9 mile run, 30 minutes yoga
Saturday, February 13, 2010: 10 mile run
Sunday, February 14, 2010: 20 mile run @ 8:05 pace, 4 miles @ 6:30 pace
Total Mileage: 61 miles

10 comments:

  1. Exciting! What did the neighbors think!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know those long runs where you just run in a circle well. They are not fun at all so good job sucking it up. And 9 weeks is plenty of time!

    And I saw your Valentines Day post - are you going vegan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering the same thing (about going vegetarian/vegan). And you'll be fine with only 9 weeks to go. You worry too much :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a hardcore 20 what with the ice and repeating of streets. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you took downtime because you were burned out. It's hard to really train and want to get knocked up at the same time. I couldn't do it when we were trying for peanut. I psyched myself out and ran a couple of really crappy races during that time. Once I gave up the training I got pregnant, although given my experience this time I'd guess it was a coincidence.

    Nice job getting in 60 miles in 5 days. Although do you ever take a day OFF. Like do no exercise? And have I asked you before how on earth you have time to work out so much? I am so completely jealous as I have to fight to squeeze in a measly 20ish miles a week these days. Although if my body wasn;t so demanding on sleep I suppose I could easily run a lot more these days. Oh, I can't wait when I can wake up and 5 to pound out some miles before the kiddos wake up! I am so missing my nonpregnant body these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes... 9 weeks is plenty of time! :) You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for letting me read along! Holy moly you are a speedster!!! I LOVE IT!

    Way to be hardcore with the short-loop 20-miler on the ice. You rocked it!

    You are so cutie with your little one. :) Good luck in Boston training and I'll be following along & wishing all the best for that BFP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is coming up quick! Sounds like a long run that I would have gone home after 2 miles - but great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are going to do great! I wish I were a faster runner - I'd run the boring loops with you. I have to do 16 on Thursday and I'm hoping everything will be melted by then, although I don't know what I'll do about the sand that keeps getting in my shoes...

    MCM Mama

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go on the run! I like jsmarlender's comment, what did the neighbor's think!? :-)

    ReplyDelete