Since my post on Sunday, I've been actively trying to eat more protein. I even stocked up a bunch of different types of meat that I haven't eaten in MONTHS: pork tenderloin, beef bottom round for pot roast, ground turkey for turkey stroganoff, etc., as well as some greek yogurt (that stuff can have 20g of protein in one serving!). In thinking about my pre-protein diet, I estimate that I was eating 40-60g of protein each day. Here's my new revised diet:
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Exercise: 22 miles!
Pre-run
3 pancakes w/ syrup (6g)
Banana (1g)
1-2 spoonfuls of PB (6g)
During run
GU Chomps
Lunch
turkey sandwich w/ hummus & cheese(31g)
fig newton
grapefruit
Snack
Cottage cheese double (14g)
Dinner
2.5 corn bread muffins (2g)
1 bowl turkey chilli (20g)
salad w/ goat cheese (3g)
Snack
grapefruit
nantucket trail mix (2g)
soymilk (7g)
berries
yogurt (16g)
honey
Total Protein: 106g!
Monday, March 1, 2010
Run 5.75 miles, 1 hour yoga class
Breakfast
Banana (1g)
Oatmeal (6g)
2TBSPN Walnut (4g)
Berries
Honey
Lunch
Apple
Fig Newton
Turkey sandwich w/ hummus & cheese (31g)
Snack
greek yogurt w/ honey (16g)
apple
oatmeal (6g)
Dinner
turkey chilli (20g)
salad w/ goat cheese (3g)
Snack
1 pc dark chocolate
2-3 spoons of PB & jelly (8g)
Banana (1g)
soymilk (8g)
chocolate syrup
Total: 103g
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Exercise: Track workout, total 10 miles
Pre-workout:
Peanut Butter (8g)
Banana (1g)
Post-workout:
Greek yogurt (16g)
Berries
Honey
Wheatgerm
Lunch:
Apple
Turkey sandwich w/ hummus & cheese (31g)
Fig Newton
Snack:
Apple
Greek yogurt (16g)
Honey
Dinner:
Pork Tenderloin (19g)
Orzo w/ Goat Cheese (6g ??)
Asparagus in EVOO
Snack:
2-3 handfuls chocolate chips
1 big spoon of peach jelly (am I the only one that does this?)
Total: 97g
Can I tell you, I feel a HUGE difference? I'm not sure if this was just dumb luck, but I had my first AWESOME track workout in WEEKS on Tuesday. Not sure if it was the protein or Michelle's positive thinking influence:>, but I ran:
1200 (4:23), 800 (2:50), 400 (1:20) AND 1200 (4:21), 800 (2:49), 400 (1:19)
I almost did another set, but didn't want to overdo it after my 22 mile run on Sunday.
Wow girl! Maybe you've found it (or at least part of it). So glad that you're feeling good! I'd love to hear more about the same topic in a week or two.
ReplyDeletethose are some road-runner fast wicked times - well done!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got your mojo back! Just in time to get your last few weeks of hard training in until it's taper time!!
ReplyDeleteI think I need to start tracking my food :-). I wonder if I am not getting enough protein, too. I think I am but I am curious to see if I'm right!
I have been eating in a very similar way recently and also feel much more peppy. I can't help but to think that the protein is making a huge difference.
ReplyDelete