Seriously.
Big. life. stuff. can take the wind out of your sails. Dying grandmother. Infertile couple. Money stress. Etc.
Sometimes, all you need is a little time with your bestest friends in the whole world and a lot of alcohol. I am a little self conscious putting this out there because you know I am a *mom* and everything. But, it was oh so much fun to just go out and get a little crazy. I seriously don't think I have had as much as I had to drink on Saturday as I have had in YEARS. Definitely since my early single post college days. I'm not condoning this sort of activity...but still.
There are three of us from high school that are still close. These are the girls that know me better than anyone. That can tell my childhood stories. That can joke about my family and all their craziness. My biggest advocates. The people that will tell me like it is. I love them. This past weekend, one flew in from Nashville for the engagement party of the third that lives here. The engagement party featured a "something blue" drink that beckoned the horrible punches concocted by frat boys in college...and I had a lot of "something blue" that night. I'll have to decide if I can take the public embarassment involved in posting my "jumping on the couch" incident at the end of the night...
One week until Big Spring Marathon. I'm hitting my splits at the track, but my legs don't feel so peppy. They were this way before the last marathon, so I've been expecting this. I'm so excited for the marathon to be over, but am thankful that I have it as a distraction. We decided to do a fresh cycle IVF next month because it has a higher success rate and only (ha) costs about $2500-$3000 more than the frozen embryo transfer (total cost $7500-$8000 w/ insurance covering slightly less than half). I feel a huge sense of peace in this decision....in fact, I've had an overwelming sense of calm and peacefulness this past week. I don't know whether it's because we have a plan or whether my body is happy to be hormone free, but it's been such a relief.
Anyway, here are my running stats for last week:
4/5/2010: 6 miles, Body Flow
4/6/2010: 10 miles: 1600 (5:46), 1200 (4:14), 800 (2:43, 2:46), 400 (1:19)
4/7/2010: 8.5 miles
4/8/2010: 8.5 miles
4/9/2010: 9 miles w/ 4 miles at 6:18 pace (6:26, 6:16, 6:14, 6:17)
4/10/2010: 6.5 miles
4/11/2010: 14 miles @ 7:45 pace ave.
Total Mileage: 62.5 miles
Ah what a great weekend you had! Back in Dec I caught up with a bunch of girlfriends I hadn't seen for 6 years and it was so much fun to just let my hair down, a strange sense of relief perhaps in the midst of TTC. Sounds like that engagement party came at the perfect time and you are in a great frame of mind...have a fantastic race at Boston, wishing you wings under your feet!!
ReplyDeleteEver since I had Jackson I've had a tough time letting go of things and just having a good time. I swore I'd have one of your kinds of nights before I got pregnant again because I think it's what I needed. But it didn't happen.
ReplyDeleteSo don't worry about putting it out there because I think it's something a lot of us want to do every now and then but don't take the opportunity to do it!
Good luck in your last week of prep for Boston! You're going to rock it!
What great therapy to hang out with awesome friends and get $hit faced. Sounds like fun. Good luck with Boston, you are going to do awesome.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe what major life stress you are going through right now. It doesn't seem fair.
Good time with old friends; sense of peace about IVF (sooo good to make a decision and say: this is it, no more back-and-forth); Boston soon to be run and done - seems like a list you're checking off. I hope you are able to be relaxed and focused this week, not too stressed by all that big life stuff; and I hope that you really enjoy running Boston. Have a good trip, eat some good meals, celebrate what you have right now.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
I hope you get to lettin' loose on the course in Boston! Your training seems to have come together just in time for a great race. Leave all your worries at home and enjoy yourself!
ReplyDeleteAnd then when you get back I wish you lots of success on making baby #2!
I've been thinking about you. I think you needed that night of fun, and shouldn't be afraid to share that at all. It was good for you :) Boston came so quick - so exciting, and jealous. I want to be there! You are going to do great. I'm glad the IVF decision has been settled and you are at peace with it. I wish you the best of luck on Monday and then with the IVF. :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you are feeling better. Thought of your speediness this weekend when I ran the Prince William Forest Backyard Burn! Stay relaxed and good luck at Boston! You will do great.
ReplyDeleteI'm a huge proponent of letting loose! You certainly deserved it. This weekend I'm headed to Nashville for a girls weekend and I can't wait to let loose. And then my one friend is headed from Nashville to meet her husband in Boston for the marathon. I'll send some good luck vibes with her for you! You are going to do great!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an awesome time with your buddies. Sometimes we need that!!
ReplyDeleteBest of luck in Boston. Can't wait for your race report!!
Good luck in Boston! Knock 'em dead! (And cutting loose is a wonderful, necessary way to blow off steam and have fun with friends sometimes!!)
ReplyDeleteI love getting together with friends and letting loose!!! It is always fun to hang out and have a great time! I hope you have a wonderful weekend
ReplyDeleteGOOD LUCK ON MONDAY!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had such a fun weekend! I say post the video!!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteYou're going to have a great day on Monday! Cant wait to cheer from hawaii.
it's so hard these days to find the time and right atmosphere to let loose so i say you MUST MUST MUST do it when the opportunity presents! good job!
ReplyDeletehave a great race tomorrow :)
ReplyDelete