Any menstrual women out there want to come hang out with me? I'm hoping you can send some pheromones my way and make that bloody b*tch come. Unfortunately, my doctor won't prescribe any medication to bring on my period (which may delayed due to our failed frozen embryo transfer, or my previously high level of exercise and resulting low estrogen, or who the heck knows why). I'm on CD 35 waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting for my period. So I can get my CD 3 bloodwork done. So I can finally get started on IVF.
Nearly 8 months now I've been trying to get pregnant and on hormones. People all around me have started trying, gotten pregnant, and are moving on, buying cribs, picking out baby names. Everyone is on fast-forward jumping through life phases and I am stuck.
I'm trying to find a new normal. I had desperately wanted "stair step" children close in age, but looks like now they'll be 3-5 years apart (assuming I can have any more children). It isn't the picture I wanted. It has been helpful to meet other couples who didn't immediately jump into having their next child and see that they're lives are still desirable.
We have decided that if by August 1st none of the following happens: the bloody b*tch comes (which would put me at CD51), or any of the three fertility doctors I have appointments with in the next two weeks won't prescribe something to bring on my period, or we can't get the insurance company to approve our appeal to their IVF denial, then we're going to pay for it out of pocket. Over $10K. I'll have to go back to work full-time. We'll have to put some of it on credit cards. But, we're not going to waste any more time waiting. We're going to take control and move forward with our life.
Ya. We would probably be one of those couples I guess that haven't jumped into baby #2. But I don't know how desirable living in a one bedroom apartment is... with your bed in the living room :) LOL. Not that that has anything to do with kids/not having kids but I thought it was kind of funny. :)
ReplyDeleteGood on you for regaining some sense of control (apart from waiting for HER to arrive), I'm glad you have a more positive direction and know how much you're willing to sacrifice for the IVF treatment if it comes to that being financially unsupported....fingers, toes, and everything crossed for you, I hope so much it works out.
ReplyDeleteHugs and sending my thoughts and prayers. I hope that everything works out for you and soon. I think that when it does work out, whatever the age difference will be will work out and Nathan is going to be an awesome big brother. While it's not what you planned, I have great hope for you that it will work out. I think it's horrible that you have to pay so much, so unfair.
ReplyDelete