I'm still freaking amazed EVERY day that we are here.
This is NOT to say that I do not have meltdowns at least three times a week where I am exhausted and don't think I can handle the lack of sleep any more. Being tired makes me cranky (er...b*tchy is a better word). Being tired makes me a bad momma to Nugget. But, I keep telling myself this will last a year to a year and a half tops. Less time than it took us to get pregnant with JuJuBean.
She's growing like a champ. Nearly 11 pounds at 8 weeks! And, occassionally giving us 5 hour stretches of sleep (knock on wood). Nugget is a rock star big brother and excellent listener (some days). I ventured out with the two of them to the Natural History Museum to see some dinosaur bones on Monday. The last time we went to that museum was right after the failed FET in Summer 2010. It was amazing to contrast my life now to then...and how much Nugget has grown and developed.
I've completed my Crossfit Foundations training. Not sure if I love it as much as running. It's hard for me to love anything as much as running. But, I am hoping it will help me whip my mushy body back into shape. Now if only I could stop gorging on chocolate and peanut butter (d@mn that stuff is good).
I"m so happy that things are going well and you are finding moments of gratefulness amidst the sleep depravation.. And don't give up on the chocolate and peanut butter. It's just too yummy!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are doing great. Hang in there with the sleep deprivation...and I hear ya on being bitchy. I am a total BEEOTCH when I don't get sleep. I had to laugh at the chocolate and PB. I am OBSESSED with Peanut M&M's! I buy huge bags at Costco. It is awful!
ReplyDelete