I thought I would cry or sob or something as I sat in the very same ultrasound room where I saw my little babies beating hearts merely five short months ago. The technician looked at me briefly as she came in the room and turned to my chart on the computer. "I've seen you before, haven't I?" she asked. I watched as her shoulders dropped when I told her that, yes, she's seen me, but that my baby was stillborn five weeks ago and I'm getting ready to cycle again. She turned back to me, her face a little crumpled, and she reached for the ultrasound wand. "I'm sorry to see you again for so many reasons," she said and reassured me that she would be gentle with the wand. Only 10 antral follicles, but we know that my range is typically 6 to 18. All my bloodwork came back normal. FSH at 5.6 and E2 less than 20.
I can't believe I'm back at the beginning of this elliptical story that seems never to end.
I'm not sure how much more I can endure, but do know that I can endure this cycle. And, then I will decide again.
Tomorrow I go in for my seventh HSG. Friday I go in for my fourth endometrial biopsy. Hopefully, I will ovulate within a decent range of time and then I will begin estrogen priming and will start IVF#9.
Am I strong?
Am I stubborn?
Am I crazy?
We miss you sweet Mackenzie. I so wish that you would be making Nugget a big brother again in two months. I wish that I was struggling with back aches and heartburn instead of trying to lose the baby weight and figuring out how to pull together the money for another IVF cycle.
Hmm, yep, I'd say you are strong and stubborn and a little craziness can't hurt right?? "I do know I can endure this cycle"....that's all that counts, one step at a time; my very best wishes to you.
ReplyDeleteYes, you are strong. And probably stubborn, too. And we're all a little crazy. Best, BEST wishes to you, sweetie. You deserve a little good luck- I'll be thinking of you... and probably stalking a little bit. :)
ReplyDeleteI think infertility, IVF and babyloss makes us crazy, if we weren't before.
ReplyDeleteI'm scared of the wand and the speculum. Months off cycling anyway, but that's how it is in my head.