Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Who wears short shorts?

Not me! My running friends (and friends in general) tease me about the length of my shorts. I typically run in either large women's running shorts or medium men's running shorts. I like them to be about one inch above my knee. I think it's because I am self conscious about the size of my quads/thighs in comparison to my stick skinny calves. Funny that the picture on the blog is my shortest pair of shorts...I guess I didn't have anything else to wear that day! Anyway, at the suggestion of a running friend, I bought a support belt from Fit Maternity (the Gabriella that is mentioned in the Running for Two blog) and, while I was there, I figured that I would buy the running shorts. I love them...and they are NOT long. I actually even ordered them in a SMALL?! My burgeoning belly must be making me want to emphasize the parts of me that are NOT large. I still haven't tried the support belt. I haven't had any more round ligament pain since last Friday, so I haven't felt the need.

3 comments:

  1. Oohh... are the shorts special or just normal running shorts? I can't believe you are self conscious about your legs - they are total DIESEL running legs!!! How's that Gabriella belt work - write a review soon! My running shorts are long bc I get chafage all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, please let us know how you like the gabrialla belt...i'm thinking i should get one for when i need it (i'm 22 weeks almost) but i don't know when that'll be! and if i had your quads, i'd ONLY wear short shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're maternity running shorts...I LOVE them! They are super comfortable and I have been basically living in them for the past couple of days. I hope they still fit after the baby because they ROCK. I put the link on the blog. Buy a pair! I haven't tried the belt yet...I kind of wish that I had taken it on my run today...which was horrible and mostly walking rather than running because of upset tummy and round ligament pain.

    ReplyDelete