So, this will be a quick post....
Swamped at work again and trying to get too much done. Who has time to get ready for baby?
Week 31 Running Stats
Monday, September 1, 2008: 8.5 miles and 10 mile bike ride
Tuesday, September 2, 2008: 7 miles
Wednesday, September 3, 2008: 8.5 miles
Thursday, September 4, 2008: 10 hours flying to and from a conference to make one hour presentation...probably a good rest because I woke up with a HORRIBLE knot in my back that kept me from standing up straight
Friday, September 5, 2008: 8.5 miles
Saturday, September 6, 2008: 60 minutes elliptical
Sunday, September 7, 2008: ~2 mile run before my back went out, 2 mile hobble home
Total Mileage: 34 miles + cross training
I don't know what was going on with my back this week. I had horrible back pains....got hubby to give me a massage on Sunday and I think that got rid of it. I also started wearing the Gabriella support brace that I bought a while back and it seems to help. I went to my mid-wife yesterday...asked her about my size since people keep telling me that I look small. She says I'm measuring 30 cm, which is right on target. She also said I gained a good amount of weight in the past month (I didn't ask how much) and that the baby was in the head down position.
I also started my hypno-birthing class (again) this past week. Hubby and I actually took a class back in May, but dropped out because the teacher was AWFUL! We (I) love the new teacher. She's also a doula and yoga instructor with a lot of birth experience. I need to start doing kegels and my relaxation CD each night...but never seem to find the time. Guess I should be doing that rather than posting on here!
To all the 3rd trimester ladies...hope the aches and pains stay at bay!
I'm so glad you've found a good hypnobirthing class because you really will be glad you did it. It's disappointing to hear of a teacher who isn't good, but it really does make all the difference, and it's worth putting in the practice.
ReplyDeleteKatharine
Katharine Graves is a Hypnobirthing teacher in London
What's this hypno birthing thing?
ReplyDeleteSo, when I am busy at work and taking work home (always) I am always thinking, how the HELL am I going to do this with a kid & then KIDS at home?? Do you wonder that? That stresses me out sometimes!! It's awesome that you are right on target and look so good and small!! Hope your back feels better!
so impressed at your mileage...after my 10k in a week i have a feeling mine will go down drastically (from something pretty small to begin with!). but i'm glad to be in the home stretch!
ReplyDeleteI totally wonder how I am going to manage work and kids...I guess I will figure it out. I read this great quote about being a working mom...you no longer seek balance, but rather learn to cherish harmony when it happens. I think that will be true...balance as I know it now (work, working out, friends) will never happen again. I just have to learn how to appreciate those few fleeting times when all feels right in the world. Re: hypno-birthing...I will write my next post about it!
ReplyDelete