Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Future Voter...and could this be it??

So, yesterday and Sunday I have been feeling exhausted. I tried to go to bed at 7 pm last night and my husband teased me....I ended up barely staying awake until 9. Then, I woke up this morning at 2:30 a.m. with some pretty strong contractions that seemed to be different from the Braxton Hicks contractions. They hurt more in my pubic area and my back and crescendo up and down in intensity. I haven't been having them at a very consistent rate...about one every five minutes now. And, when I went to the bathroom around 4, there was just a bit of bloody mucous. I had a lot more bloody mucous around 7 when I took a shower. I called my midwife and I am going to go in around 8 to get checked out. My hubby and I had sex last night so I wonder if that might have brought on the contractions. We'll see if it lasts!

Oh--the best part....my husband and I went to vote this morning and they let me cut to the front of the line because I was having contractions. After I voted they gave me a "I voted" sticker and a "Future voter" sticker! Ha!

Update: went to the dr. and am 1 cm dilated...will come back this afternoon to see how things are progressing. Woohoo! I just took a benedryl and am going to get some sleep!

7 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! I hope this is it for you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's so cute!! Our lines were long so that would have been great! I hope the next post is baby pictures!! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the "real" contractions felt like terrible menstrual cramps. That's great about losing your mucus plug!! I hope you dilate quickly. I was at a 1 3 weeks before I actually went into labor. I hope it's much shorter for you! Sending you labor vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck! hope he makes his appearance soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know, it's only been 3 days since this post but is he here???

    ReplyDelete