Monday, March 16, 2009

A Day's Worth of My Ridiculous Consumption of Food

I eat massive amounts of food and I thought it might be funny to post how much I eat. Have you seen those magazine articles where they show all that one person consumes in one day to identify weaknesses in one's diet? Well, feel free to point out any weaknesses you see in my diet! I think I eat too many sweets, carbs, and too much at night. It's a bad habit, but since I am running in the evening I am just hungrier then. Also, you should know that my cholesterol is 270 (!!)..so I shouldn't be eating so much cheese/dairy/sweets.

9:30 AM: Bear Naked Oatmeal (it is the BEST), Brown Sugar, Strawberries, Coke Zero (gross, I know)

10:30 AM: 2 Baby Bell Light Cheeses

12:00-12:50 PM: Spin

1:45 PM: Orange, PB Granola Bar, Turkey & Cheese Sandwich with Roasted Red Pepper Spread and Lettuce , Coke Zero, (I actually ate the granola bar at 11, but didn't take a picture of it)

3:00 PM: Large Granny Smith Apple w/ Peanut Butter, Hot Chocolate with Whipped Cream

~5:10-6:20 PM: RUN 9.6 Miles

7:00 PM: Taco salad with turkey burger, refried beans, cheese, tortilla chips, lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, onions, and green salsa

7:30 PM: Small Glass of Riesling, 6 Girl Scout Cookies (yeah!)

8:00 PM: Still hungry from dinner so I have ~10 pieces of leftover Gnocchi
8:30 PM: STILL hungry after my post dinner snacks, so I have a bowl of Kashi Shredded Wheat in Low Fat Soy Milk
9:30 PM: STILL FREAKING HUNGRY so I have a bowl of Blackberries in Light Sour Cream with some Vanilla and Brown Sugar
I think that's it for the day....I hope. I LOVE EATING THIS MUCH FOOD!! I worry that I will have a hard time adjusting to normal food consumption without so much exercise/breastfeeding.
(POST SCRIPT: 11:00 PM: STILL STARVING...so I ate the rest of the gnocci/chicken concoction my hubby made, a handfull of chocolate chips, and a glass of milk. I am a little bit grossed out now by how much food I ate.)

10 comments:

  1. Ahh, the beauty of nursing and running! Gone are the days when I could eat like that, but when my guys were around 4 months until about 8 months, I ate everything in sight and just kept losing weight. Even training for a marathon didn't up my metabolism like nursing did. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you eat pretty well to me! But cut out that Coke Zero! :)

    I totally eat a bowl of cereal at night when I'm still hungry. I figure it's better than the bowl of ice cream my husband eats...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming from a dietitian :-)...you're doing FINE with your food consumption. For how much you're running and feeding you're little one you should continue to eat A LOT. If not, you're milk supply will decrease. Also, FYI, don't worry about your cholesterol if you had it checked while BFing...it's always really high. Hope this helps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat a ton too, DC. The great thing about running lots and breastfeeding. Enjoy it! I sure am...

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds about like me...constant grazing! minus the 9.6 mile run AND spinning. i hope the weight loss starts soon like MCM mama said!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a good thing I don't do this because it would be a picture of a bottle of water and a 8 m&ms on my desk right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I consume massive amounts as well. I'm worried about what is going to happen when I stop breastfeeding. I spend a large part of my workday trying to determine where I can get some food from and then I spend most of the night constantly snacking. There's very little of my day that I'm not thinking about food.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it will be very interesting to see what my diet looks like a year from now...of course, I could still be breastfeeding. I have a friend whose daughter is nearly 2 and she is STILL breastfeeding...I think because she is afraid of gaining weight when she stops, although she will never admit it.

    Clare--I think MCM is right! The past month or two I seem to have dropped a little bit of weight (4ish lbs) without even trying. I have ALWAYS been a grazer. Hubby and I used to get in fights about it, but now he accepts that even after eating a full meal I'll be eating again in an hour or two.

    Sara-Thanks for the dietician's approval! Sadly, my last cholesterol screening was the month b/f I got preggers and has always been high. It's hereditary.

    Mama Simmons--I had quit Coke 0 when I was preggers. It was so hard and I am so mad at myself for falling into it again!

    Angela--All I can say is me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahah- that is hilarious. I hope nursing kicks in and my body starts losing weight soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you eat more sugar than I would but the quantity doesn't seem as obscene as you think it does! :)

    Oh, and I'm totally going to engage in blog idea theft.

    ReplyDelete