Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Taper Time

The Cherry Blossom 10-miler is this Sunday and...I am a little nervous!! I haven't run this race since 2007 and ROCKED that race (1:06:44). I don't know that I have that in me these days.

I am actually doing a taper this week...which I am usually loathe to do. I just think runs less than 7 miles aren't worth the time. But, I am being a good girl and actually doing it. It helps that my hubby is working a ton this week and I have also started working a couple of hours from home this week, so I have less time to exercise.

Side note: I learned today that my little man is no longer the portable little infant he once was. I tried to take him to a business lunch because he usually sleeps from 12-1:30, but he was WIDE awake and VERY cranky. I was so embarrassed. I fed him before the meeting so that he wouldn't get hungry and didn't bring a bottle...but he was VERY fussy and I ended up nursing him. Nothing like whipping out the "hooter hider" in a meeting to make you humble.

5 comments:

  1. LOL at runs of less than 7 miles not being worth the time. I'm lucky if I can squeeze in 4 miles most of the time (but you are a lot faster than I am...).

    When does your little guy start daycare? It does get harder to get them to nap in random places once they are more aware of the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty much only sleeps in her crib or the car seat now... being out in any other environment is too stimulating and she becomes hyper-aware!
    Good luck this weekend... I have another friend who is running that race as well! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love that race! I did it back in 2006 (ran it, didn't "race" - husband and I just did it for fun without any goals) and would love to go back and do it for real. I fell flat on my face at mile 8 though and finished with bloody knees.

    Good luck and nice job tapering. I hate the taper too, but think it's usually a good thing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember the days when short runs weren't worth it. i also remember the days when i oculd count on andra to sleep anywhere, anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just skipped my run today because I thought: ehh, I won't get my full run in. Gak! For years I thought 8 - 10 miles was perfect and while I adjusted that during pregnancy, I'm back to that way of thinking. Oops.

    Good luck this weekend. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete