I am on Day 3 of the basically-eat-nothing-fun diet. OK, so maybe I haven't ACTUALLY stuck to the diet YET. On Day 1, I ate a chocolate granola bar (the last Chex Mix Turtle Bar) and a HUGE handful of chocolate chips. And, today, Day 3, I ate 5 pieces of chocolate candy that my MIL brought for Easter. Oh, and I have had 6 strawberries each day on my tastes-like-cardboard-diet-approved-high-fiber-organic-oh's because I bought these delicious strawberries before I found out that I was going to be on this diet. As soon as they are gone, I won't eat any more. Same goes for the chocolate. I have about 2 handfuls of chocolate chips left. I have NOT eaten ANY dairy though, which is HUGE for me. And, rice cakes in sunflower seed butter has become my new obsession. I ate 6 rice cakes with sunflower seed butter yesterday.
A shot of my new grub a la Trader Joe's:
Sleep Update
Nathan is still sleeping in only 2-3 hour increments. I have started to keep a nap and sleep diary to help identify sleeping trends/problems. I am starting to notice some consistency in his napping and have been making an effort to actually put him to sleep rather than just letting him fall asleep whenever. I have also been trying to wake him up and put him down around the same time every day. Based on my calculations, Nathan is getting 3-4 hours of sleep during the day in 3-4 naps and 8-11 hours of sleep at night. According to this new book I am reading, the No-Cry-Sleep-Solution, babies Nathan's age should be getting 14-15 hours of sleep total. If we put Nathan to bed at 7 rather than 9pm, he's pretty close to this amount. Not that it has helped him sleep any longer.
Nathan seems to be having an identity crisis. Cute bunny or carnivorous monkey eater?
I hope the elimination diet helps. Are you doing the diet where you eventually slowly add in things you've taken out to narrow down the reaction?
ReplyDeleteClaire had a problem with reflux for a couple of months and our doctor reminded us that they have a whole new system to figure out. It can just make it a little difficult for us to try to figure out their little bodies' needs. The sleep diary sounds like a good idea too. I hope you and Nathan get good rest tonight!
looks like a lot of good stuff there! you crack me up w the chex bars and cheating. i hope this helps!
ReplyDeleteJust a reminder that a lot of chocolate does have dairy in it...
ReplyDeleteGood luck with this. It's not easy, which is why many recommend only eliminating a few things at a time and seeing if you see a difference. Email me if you want to get into major details since I've BTDT twice.
You are a rock star for eliminating all of that stuff from your diet. I don't know if I could do it.
ReplyDeleteI kept a sleep diary for Zach and eventually noticed a pattern that we built a routine around. It was a huge help in getting him to start going down at the same time every night.