Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cherry Blossom Race!

It was a gorgeous day for a race! I swear every time I run Cherry Blossom it is either windy, snowy, or rainy. But, today it was PERFECT! Hubby and Nathan went to cheer me on and a lot of friends were running the race. I actually got a PR! 1 hr 5 min 23 sec. Woohoo! That's a 6:33 pace. I have NEVER run that fast at a race before! I don't know whether it has been the speedworkouts on the treadmill, the fact that I actually tapered for this race, the miles that I have been logging, or the massive consumption of carbs (thank you Pizza Paradiso) that helped me PR. Here are some pictures:




Weekly Mileage:
Monday, March 30, 2009: 60 minutes elliptical, MTV Yoga Video
Tuesday, March 31, 2009: 5 mile run, BodyPump
Wednesday, April 1, 2009: 5 mile run, MTV Yoga Video
Thursday, April 2, 2009: 7 miles w/ 5 miles at 6:22
Friday, April 3, 2009: 5 mile run
Saturday, April 4, 2009: 60 minutes elliptical
Sunday, April 5, 2009: 10 mile race and MASSAGE!
Total Mileage: 32 miles

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! Way to rock out a PR!

    Ummm, Pizza Paradiso. I am drooling on my keyboard. I miss that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am SUPER impressed (and jealous!!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We brought the frame that goes with our carseat, but we only used it in the airport and to hold the car seat when we went out to eat. St. John has not much of a town to speak of and the sidewalks in it are v. narrow so we carried him. Not sure about PR.

    Congrats on a great race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting! I think its because you are a mom now and it made you stronger! The last 2 times I did cherry blossom it was NASTY Out! Last year was all rainy and gross. I was jealous that it was a great day and wanted to be there. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete