Today I had to give a presentation to a 150 person audience. Let me tell you...I like public speaking just about as much as I like having splinters removed. I spend copious amounts of time preparing and practicing to what usually amounts to "no big deal." So, this past week I didn't get to put in my typical exercise and yesterday I didn't have time to do much of anything at all. Plus, my MIL was here this past week. I feel too guilty to exercise 2x a day when someone else is watching Nathan. It seems excessive. Maybe because it is excessive? I think I am starting to get the sense of how much I will be able to exercise "when the rubber meets the road" and my first priorities (family, putting $$ in the bank, SLEEP, etc.) push exercise lower down on Maslow's Hierarchy after I start working.
Weekly Mileage:
Monday, April 13, 2009: 8.6 miles
Tuesday, April 14, 2009: 10 miles
Wednesday, April 15, 2009: 9 miles w/ 3 miles @ 6:18 and 3 miles @ 7:30
Thursday, April 16, 2009: Body Pump, 8.6 miles
Friday, April 17, 2009: 16 miles @ 8:05 pace
Saturday, April 18, 2009: 7 miles
Sunday, April 19, 2009: 30 minutes of Power Yoga Video (baby decided he needed my attention, so I couldn't finish the video)
Total Mileage: 59.2 miles
how on earth do you get in 2 workouts a day WITHOUT someone else watching nathan? but yeah, the guilt or whatever is my issue too. i can go to work without guilt but can't workout.
ReplyDeleteGuilt gets me too. That's why I get up so stinking early. I don't feel guilty if everyone is sleeping.
ReplyDeleteI HATE public speaking and will go to amazing lengths to avoid it so good for you to tough through it.
I've never managed two workouts a day, even before kids LOL.
ReplyDeleteYou'll find a way to workout, just maybe not as often or for as long. And kids grow quickly. It feels like just yesterday I was wondering how I'd ever manage to do anything for myself and now my youngest starts preschool in the fall.
Two workouts a day is ambitious! I did that before Claire (sometimes) but can't manage it now. Unless you count good stretching before bed as a workout. : ) I seem to have an early morning time range and if I miss a run then, I miss a run for the day.
ReplyDeleteI hear ya with the 2 workouts a day, and having in laws there. I feel bad getting out once but I try to stay out for 2 hours when they are here! You'll fit it all in, or do your best with what you need to do, when you go back to work. WHen are you going back/
ReplyDeleteI don't know how Angela does it getting up so early btw... she's inspiring!
ReplyDeleteThe only way I do two workouts a day is if I either run w/ Nathan in the jogging stroller or do a video at home. Otherwise, ain't gonna happen. And, 2 workouts a day only happens 1-4 times a week, depending on what is going on that week. They aren't two cardio workouts...they are running or cardio AND yoga or weights. I think I did manage a spin class and running once or twice, but I doubt that will happen again for a long time.
ReplyDelete