Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Yasso's 800s

I had THE BEST track workout yesterday. I've been trying to figure out how to eat for my 7pm Tuesday night track workouts and I think I've finally mastered gastronomical preparation. I used to have a stomach of steel. I could run after eating anything. But, then something soured and I can basically only run after eating carbs, carbs, and peanut butter. Which is fine if you are running first thing in the morning. Not so great if a run is the last thing in your day. So, my new eating regimen for Tuesdays involves....all carbs, fruit, for breakfast and lunch and a PB and banana sandwich 2 hours before track. I treated myself to a Smoothie from Smoothie King after track (not smart for a mom with a lactose intolerant baby, but somehow I managed to forget this).

We almost did Yasso's 800s last night. We did 8 X 800 with 400 laps in between. I was pretty consistently knocking out 2:51, 2:52 for the 800s, so here's hoping to some truth in Yasso's theory!

6 comments:

  1. super cute! i like the one where your legs look two miles long - no wonder you're fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy mama you are so fast!!I love the pics, I like that one too where you are holding the little guy w/ long runner legs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so sweet with your links. Yay! Free advertisement for me right? :) I'm so glad you like them too. I absolutely love them. I can't pick which ones I like more but definitely the one where you're kissing him. You're right, his eyes totally match the windows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! I love them.

    Way to go with your 800s, Speedy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome pictures! He's an adorable baby.

    WTG on the fast running!

    MCM Mama

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT SHOTS! :)

    And that's awesome about the 800's. You GO girl!

    ReplyDelete