Sunday, August 9, 2009

What I Forgot

Remember how I was worried that I would forget something REALLY important on our trip?

Guess who forgot to pack food and formula for the 8 HOUR FLIGHT to Tahoe (including layover) and only realized it after passing through security with 5 minutes to take-off?

That's right, yours truly!!

I know I have the boob buffet, but on the last flight Nathan refused to eat and I was scared to death that he wouldn't eat again this time. Luckily, he was in a boob love mood, but man...I was worried that he was going to be cranky and starving!

A picture narrative of our trip because I am too tired to write....
A picture from one of our hikes
Lake Tahoe
Nathan on a bike ride...they didn't have a helmet small enough for his wee head.

The View from Our Back Porch

Daddy and Nathan in the lake

Last Week's Weekly Mileage:
Monday, July 27, 2009: 8.6 miles
Tuesday, July 28, 2009: Track workout: 1 mile warm-up, 8 x 800 w/ 400 jogs (3:03, 2:53, 2:51, 2:49, 2:48, 2:51, 2:51, 2:51), 1.75 mile cool-down (~8-9 miles)
Wednesday, July 29, 2009: 9.4 miles
Thursday, July 30, 2009: off (travel to Lake Tahoe!)
Friday, July 31, 2009: 9.5 miles @ 6500 ft elevation HARD!! (ran 8:49 pace!)
Saturday, August 1, 2009: 10.2 miles @ 8:39 pace (and 6 mile hike)
Sunday, August 2, 2009: 16 miles @ 8:45 pace (and 1.5 hour bike ride)
Total Mileage: 62.7 miles
This Week's Weekly Mileage:
Monday, August 3, 2009: 8 miles (and one hour hike)
Tuesday, August 4, 2009: Nada...travel back home...legs were feeling pooped
Wednesday, August 5, 2009: 9.4 miles
Thursday, August 6, 2009: 9.4 miles
Friday, August 7, 2009: 10 miles
Saturday, August 8, 2009: 10 miles
Sunday, August 9, 2009: 3 miles warm up, 20 K (12.2 miles), 2.5 cool down
Total Mileage: 64.5 miles
I don't want to talk about my 20K. Maybe I'll write a race report later, but I sucked @ss. Of course, I don't know what the hell I was thinking running 10 miles the day before the race when my legs were already feeling wrecked from running, hiking, biking, etc. in Tahoe. Smart move on my part. Let's just say I didn't even run as fast as my 1/2 marathon time. :<>
Nathan News!
  • Nathan started crawling two weeks ago and he is INTO EVERYTHING! We totally need to baby proof, but I kind of want to wait until we move.
  • Nathan said "mama" today when I left the room for the first time!!! Not sure if he knows what mama means, but I'll take anything to brighten my day after my crappy race.
  • Nathan went to his 9 month appointment on Friday....he's in the FOURTH percentile for weight and SIXTIETH for height? Guess I grew a string bean baby! He's still wearing some 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes....
  • Nathan figured out how to pull himself up in the crib and now wakes me up by screaming when he can't figure out how to get down 2-3 times a night. Awesome.

7 comments:

  1. He said MAMA!! So cute!!! Eh, sorry the race didn't go well - what a busy vacation though, go easy on yourself and view it as a workout in the bag! Vacation looks like so much fun, pics are beautiful! Nick is always in the 25/50/75 percentiles, I didn't even know they would tell you 4th or 60th. Little bean!! And the crib thing is unforunate - haha, hopefully he'll figure out how to get back down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Sounds like a fun time. Glad the "boob buffet" worked out. I had the hardest time adjusting to remembering solids once the kids were eating them. I'd been so used to just having built in meals LOL.

    He'll learn how to sit soon. It usually doesn't take long. Sounds like he's growing great!

    MCM Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great time! Sorry about the sucky race time. I'm sure it would be a fantastic time for me though! :) No worries about percentiles. Ella is still between 5 and 10 for weight and height she's just like Nathan: 60th. Crazy kids. What can you do. They're all so different. I kind of don't like percentiles... they make me worry too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh, don't worry about the percentiles. Baker is a big boy and his weight percentile drops at every appointment. I think as they get more active, they just start thinning out. And, Nathan's mommy is a string bean so he got it honsetly! Fun that he's crawling and pulling up! Baker isn't quite pulling up yet but baby-proofing...yah, need to get on that one now that he's mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your trip to Tahoe went well. Great pictures - looked like a good time catching up and enjoying the land. Too bad about the race but your miles look good. High altitude running is tough and you did well. As for percentiles - babies are babies. I also noticed that when Claire started moving around more she thinned out - still eating a lot, but a little skinnier because she keeps so busy. Have fun chasing Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like it was a great trip. That picture of Nathan with the helmet is hysterical.

    Sounds like you've got a little cross country runner on your hands. I, on the other hand, have a linebacker. He'll figure out sitting soon enough and he'll be up and down all the time before you know it.

    And without a doubt, we need to go for a run again next year when I'm in DC. Sorry about the 20k - best to get the bad races out of your system before the marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics of your trip away, looked like a fun time. Looks like your body is in pretty heavy training mode so I'm sure there'll be the occasional blergh race, could be good ammunition for when you get to your main event....!! I know I'm still a "non-mum" but I always think of those kids in my class at school who were the shortest at 9 and the beanpoles at 16 - and I wonder what "percentile" they were in as infants? I always thought as long as bub was healthy genetics would sort out eventual size later :)

    ReplyDelete