Lately, I've just been feeling sick of running. I hate getting up in the morning because I am so tired because the little man hasn't been sleeping well. Plus, it's been raining a lot. I'm fine running in the rain when it's warm, but when it's cold....that's a whole different matter. So, I've been kind of a grumpy runner lately. While my mental state hasn't been the greatest in terms of running, my body is rocking it! I've been whipping out some good workouts. Today, I even ran a 5:40 mile without even really feeling like I was pushing it. Seems my legs really like the rest (and perhaps all the Halloween candy and pumpkin cookies) they've been getting. I'm really feeling good about the marathon and am looking forward to seeing how I do. I'm very hopeful that I can break the 3 hour mark!
Weekly Mileage
Monday, October 26, 2009: 8.5 miles
Tuesday, October 27, 2009: 8.5 miles: 1 mile WU, 4 x 1600 w/ 800 jogs (5:52, 5:52, 5:50, 5:53), 2 mile CD
Wednesday, October 28, 2009: 10.2 miles
Thursday, October 29, 2009: Body Flow (too tired to get up in AM & run)
Friday, October 30, 2009: 9 miles: 2.5 mile WU, 5 mile templo (6:22, 6:22, 6:20, 6:20, 6:18), 2.5 mile CD
Saturday, October 31, 2009: 16 miles @ 7:04 average
Sunday, November 1, 2009: 10.8 miles
Total Mileage: 63 miles
I'm glad you're aiming for sub-3. I really think any less of a goal would be sandbagging it!
ReplyDeleteYou're so fast. I can't wait to hear how it goes! Maybe you've been reading too much of my blog w/ the lack of motivation. Definitely stop by though, and enter the amazing grass bar giveaway! and one that ends tomorrow, solstice bar.
ReplyDeleteholy fastness! i hope you break 3 hours, that would be so cool!
ReplyDelete