Sunday, December 13, 2009

Resolution ACHIEVED!

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you have now was once among the things only hoped for." Epicurus


One of my big resolutions for 2009 was to make running friends. I have been running alone for the past 8 years and...it's just not as much fun as having a running group. For those of you all that have been following me all year, you'll remember how I stalked people at races who finished around me to try to find a running partner. I struggled with chosing between "Ironwoman" and "Chill Runner" and, in the end, neither worked out. I tried running with two different running groups and finally, in the spring, I started running with a third group and found my groove.

Weekly Mileage
Monday, December 7, 2009: 10.2 miles, Body Flow
Tuesday, December 8, 2009: 10.2 miles
Wednesday, December 9, 2009: 60 minutes elliptical, P90X Abs
Thursday, December 10, 2009: 10.2 miles, CHRISTMAS PARTYING!
Friday, December 11, 2009: 10.2 miles, P90X Abs
Saturday, December 12, 2009: 12 miles, CHRISTMAS PARTYING!
Sunday, December 13, 2009: 12 miles @ 5:30 am...I couldn't sleep....
Total Mileage: 64.8 Miles

My goal for the next week until I get knocked up is to do Abs 3x a week, Yoga 1x a week, and Weights 1-2X a week. We'll see how that works out now that I'm starting to train again!! First track workout on Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. THat's great about finding running friends! You look the same in that pic from being 23. Aww.

    I can't believe you are going to do another marathon, take a break !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are already doing track workouts again. All of our tracks are covered in snow. Ahhh, I wish we lived closer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running friends are the best. I'm glad you're feeling encouraged about finding some new folks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm excited about swimming for the same reason...just to meet people. so glad your fam understands more about running!

    ReplyDelete