They managed to get 9 eggs of which 8 were mature and 5 fertilized. So, we're not too far behind where we were with Nugget (6 eggs, 6 fertilized). Now it's a waiting game to see how many make it 3 days in the petri dish. We have to decide whether we want to do a 3 day transfer (downside: can't really tell which embryos are best; upside: sometimes embryos do better in the human incubator than the petri dish) or 5 day transfer (downside: embryos may not make it to day 5; upside: better chance of success--70% versus 45%). Am going to talk to the doctor tomorrow.
The retrieval itself was painful; I was supposed to be completely under, but I could feel everything. After the procedure was over, the nurse asked if I remembered saying "ow ow ow ow" repeatedly. To which I said, YES because I could feel every-d@mn-thing. At that point, I was too groggy to push the point. There's a mild ache when I stand up, so I've been on bedrest the past two days and watching lots of crappy movies. Oddly, I'm more swollen after the procedure. You'd think with all those eggies out of me that I'd have less of a gut. Sigh. Just a little bleeding off and on, but nothing major. Thankfully, the worst is over in terms of physical pain. Now I just have to wait: the worst part psychologically.
Oh goody, that does sound more hopeful....I'll cross every limb and thing I can, go fertilised eggs go! Geez I can't imagine feeling everything under general anesthetic, brutal. I hope you can find lots to keep you mentally occupied while you wait....
ReplyDeleteDid they not test you to make sure you couldn't feel anything before they started the procedure? That sounds like something out of a horror movie.
ReplyDeleteBut you sound so much more hopeful! I hope you get good knews soon!
good luck...and yeah, weird that if you're saying "ow" while you're supposed to be out, they didn't maybe try to do something??? sending good thoughts for the next few days!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there! I'm sending you tons of positive baby vibes!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat news! Fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe they actually continued even though you could feel everything!!
ReplyDeleteYou sound in much better spirits and hoping for the best on this one! Keeping the fingers crossed!!!
I'm glad it went better than expected.. yikes. I would not want to feel that. You are a trooper!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it went well!!! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you :)
ReplyDeleteHow horrible that you weren't sedated enough. That happened to my husband during his first endoscopy and he was really traumatized by it.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed for you!
YAY!!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow and talk some more. I'm so happy that it went so well!
ReplyDelete