When the RE called this afternoon, I knew that my biopsy results weren't going to be good. Seems I have mild, chronic endometritis (NOTE: not endometriosis), which is an inflammation of the uterus lining due to bacterial infections spread from the vagina. It is seen in women that had a long and difficult labor (as well as those with STDs, who have had an abortion or an IUD implanted).
Finally, we have some answers about why I haven't been able to get pregnant. Why someone didn't think of this before (given that I have had FOUR bacterial infections since my son was born...) I spent $13K and 10 months trying to get pregnant, I have no idea. So, the prescribed treatment is 4 weeks birth control pills with 3 weeks doxycyclene and 200mg motrin, and THEN we can begin IVF.
I'm irritated that this is a problem and no-one had found it earlier, but I am also thankful I followed my intuition that jumping into a cycle--as the two other doctors I saw suggested--wouldn't be circumspect enough.
Hopefully, curing this infection will help with implantation and I will finally get pregnant!!
really? They didn't check this BEFORE all the money was spent??? geesh. BUT now you can really clear it all up and have the uterus in optimum condition for your pregnancy....I'm happy about that for you!
ReplyDeletewow, it's too bad they don't do biopsies earlier. i am still awaiting my results. maybe that's my issue too? who knows. i hope this is the silver bullet for you!
ReplyDeletewell i'm sorry this took so long but i'm excited to have you as a cycle buddy. :)
are you starting BCPs now?
Okay, I had to take deep breaths while reading this. On the one hand I am incredibly, unspeakably frustrated for all you have gone through the past year and that you are only now having a doctor realize you had something LITERALLY blocking your chances of success. UGH!
ReplyDeleteOn the OTHER hand, this is AWESOME NEWS! Because it's resolvable and will make your next IVF a WHOLE NEW ball game. Omg, the hopefulness is totally making my heart want to burst with joy. So yin and yang reaction here, but the crazy-awesome positive (something is up and you are FIXING it and now this is going to freaking work, I know it know it know it!!!) is soooooo sooooo amazing!!!!! xoxo
First off, it sucks when you have to be your own advocate all the timem in this process but I'm glad they found something that is a reason AND treatable. Secondly, thanks for stopping by my blog and the support :)
ReplyDeletei only love it because of the outcome, and thats the cycle we became pregnant with! otherwise, it suck and it burns!
ReplyDeletesorry i thought you were in my blogroll, i haven't been keeping up with you. off to add you/catch up. feel better
xoxo
lis
Just wanted to say hi. I'll be joining you for IVF number 2 in the Nov/Dec time frame!
ReplyDelete