I was going to get on this morning and post about poor poor pitiful me with my (of course) failed natural IUI (HUGE surprise, right??). And, then I was going to whine about how I couldn't figure out whether we should do one more cycle of IVF or move on to donor eggs. And, then whine some more about how all the doctors we talked to last week (CCRM, RMA-NJ, and Shady Grove) all said we should give it one more shot.
But, today...I went in for my Day 3 bloodwork and antral follicle count.
Hold your breath, people. This is freaking Ah-MA-Zing.
On the left: ELEVEN
On the right: SEVEN
That's right, a grand slam total of: EIGHTEEN antral follicles. That's like a NORMAL (ish) 32-year old!!!!
WOW.
Everybody: do than antral count bop!!!
I'm doing it alone in my office and would love some company.
DHEA must be working it's wonders.
I'm supposed to take this month off to do another HSG, but I might see if we can do a cycle NOW and use this amazing follicle count!!! Maybe we could just freeze the embryos, do the HSG next month, and then if normal transfer them.
Whaddya think???
WOW...how have I never been recommended this DHEA magic potion?? congrats to you!! i'd totally go for it NOW!
ReplyDeleteI say ... WOOT!
ReplyDeleteSounds good! Personally I have never really understood AFCs...my first clinic never even did them (and they are quite reputable which above average success rates) and then CCRM always measured mine as lowish (8 and 10) and then I produced 20 and 26 eggs on those low count cycles. Go figure. Of course, none of my cycles ever worked so clearly there were many things at play....
ReplyDeleteKeep us posted!
I say go for it. If everyone's telling you to do another cycle? Do another cycle. GO for it!
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed, you know.
xoxo
WOWZERS!! That is amazing!! Go for it girl!!
ReplyDeleteThis is FANTASTIC!!! What a great count! I'm definitely doing the bop with you! There's nothing like giving your body an ultimatum to get it to cough up the goods, huh? ;-) I think you should go for it. Can't remember why you're doing a repeat HSG? Hopefully, they'll let you go with this cycle!
ReplyDeleteTHAT is just too awesome! I say go for it, it's too good after the past few months to pass up. HSG later. Also wondering if you had looked at NaPro technology? I know, seems like you are way beyond that but I'm just looking into it now...google for the website. Whatever, that is such a great follicle count, I'm boppin' for ya!
ReplyDeleteYEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mentally dancing for you. I'd totally go for it, with follies like these, I would definitely want to strike while the iron is hot. Keep us posted. xoxo
ReplyDeleteyeah for the forest of antrals!!!! sweet! i'd say do another cycle, and pronto!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteHell yeah! I'll take good news like that any day. (and thank you for your comments today - exactly what I needed to hear :) )
ReplyDelete