Thursday, March 24, 2011

HSG x 3

Yesterday I had my 3rd HSG. My 2nd HSG in the past 6 months. The new RE wanted to do another HSG because the results on my last HSG indicated that there might be some blockage on my right tube. I would describe an HSG as about a 6 on the pain scale with 0 being eating chocolate while drinking my favorite red wine and 10 being pushing a small child out of my va-jay-jay after 30 hours of labor. So, it's not exactly COMFORTABLE.

My HSG yesterday was a 1 on a scale of 10. I was sitting there with my legs splayed open telling the P.A. doing the HSG stories about Nugget's obsession with trucks during the whole procedure. I couldn’t believe it! The results were good: no blockage, no pooling, everything looked great. I am peeved that we had to miss my "month of the amazing 18 antral follicle count" for this, but oh well. At least we know there is nothing wrong with my ute.

I am still reeling from the news about my sister. I imagine with time I will feel joy for her and her husband. But, right now…I just feel slighted by life.

6 comments:

  1. I am bummed you miss your high antral follicle count month. But glad to here your HSG's were tolerable. According to your scale, I would rate my first one as a 1, and my last one as a 3. I know some ladies say they are pure misery.

    It's perfectly okay to feel slighted by life, when.. well..let's face it... you've been slighted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never comment on all the infertility blogs I follow, but had to comment on yours. I know exactly how you feel... struggling with infertility when your sister gets pregnant. Man. It sucks. Sure, you read about people on facebook getting pregnant, hear about a kid you used to babysit getting pregnant... but your sister? It's rough. I can only imagine how much ickier it is for you because she has poor fertility too, but was successful. I feel for ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for the clear and somewhat pain-free HSG (amazing!)... Booooo! for sister getting pregnant!!! I am sorry girl~ thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a great HSG! I'm glad it was relatively painless too. I'm hoping very much that your body decides to stick with the high antral follicle count. Also, my RE always told me that an HSG can be therapeutic. Apparently, there's some belief that it clears things out a bit and can increase the chances of you getting pregnant on your own or with an IUI the next cycle or two. Don't know if that's in the cards or if you're going straight to IVF next month. Either way, glad all is clear and you're moving onward!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that the HSG went well AND that it didn't hurt like a biatch. I hate them OH so much. Now go enjoy that chocolate and red wine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad the HSG went well (or should I say as well as it could) and that the results were all clear. Small wins count too. So incredibly bummed you missed this cycle with your great antral count though. Just try to remember that you could very well have another one like that. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete