Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Houston, we have a heartbeat

We saw the heartbeat today in one beautiful little bean.

Thank god. Commence deep breathing.

And, now the anxiety and waiting starts again until next week.

They tell me that they don't want me to start running again until I am further along in my first trimester...but by the time I was 6 weeks pregnant with my son I was running again. I'm so conflicted about it. I want to be able to run through this pregnancy. I want to be able to run as a sign that I am not afraid anymore, that I have hope for this pregnancy...but I am also so afraid of losing this pregnancy and having my husband and family blame my running if something goes wrong.

14 comments:

  1. YAY for a heartbeat!!!

    With the running? So compromise. Listen to your doctors and don't run right now. Walk instead. Maybe jog a bit, nice and slow, sometimes. Swim. Get on the bike and go for a ride. Etc.

    The thing is? No matter what, you WILL get to run again. There's an end date in sight, whereas before you didn't know WHEN you could run again since you didn't know when you'd be done cycling. And you didn't run for a while in order to help you get pregnant.

    You've done that for this long, it's really only another few weeks, you know?

    Dude. You're pregnant! How awesome is that? :) :) :)

    (I'm so frigging excited!)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the heartbeat! I don't have any pregnancy running advice because I've never been a pregnant runner but Serenity is right...running will always be there so if you have to delay a bit you can make up for it later! In the meantime I'll run a few extra for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the heartbeat too :) You've got this far after such a tough journey...why risk your sanity by running now? Patience, you will be a superstar runner again in good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last thing in the world you want is to blame yourself or running if something goes wrong, even if the blame is totally misplaced. I know it sucks to wait, and I hope to one day have the same battle, and I hope you will step in and tell me to wait until the doctor says it is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! This is more great news. I know you are eager to run again, but I agree with Angela and your instinct on this - you don't want to blame yourself even if that blame is misplaced. Enjoy whatever movement you can get in the meantime though. Soon it will be too hot here to run anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a little heartbeat!!!!
    I was placed on exeercise restrictions this pregnancy i wasn't even allowed to work untill recently. its hard but will be very worth it in the end. I'm 26 weeks and have only just started going for a brisk walk while munchkin rides her bike. I would love to be fitter etc. but i just thought to myself 'be good and do as i'm told that way no matter what i can't blame myself if things go wrong.'
    You will be running pushing a pram before you know it ;)
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

    This is a tough one, re: the running. (I began jogging/shuffling again 2 weeks pp b/c I was going INSANE without my jogging endorphins from pregnancy and bedrest, so I know how crazy you feel right now.) You probably will beat yourself up either way, if you're anything like me. But to dot your Is and cross your Ts, maybe wait til the doc says "now it's okay"?

    I am just so happy for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES!!!! Awesome news!! And I think wait on the running ... there's no reason to rush here. There will be time to run ... even if it's not what you did before. One day at a time. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah ... and BTW? If you don't mind sending me your address offline, I'd love to send you some of my famous pregnancy muffins (pot pie doesn't travel so well). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful amazing news. CONGRATS, momma!!!!

    I can only imagine how itching you are to get back out there, but there's no harm in waiting. There will be lots of time to run and run and run and run for years and years to come!!! You've waited this long. Revel in being pregnant for a while and do some prenatal yoga videos and fun stuff like that until you get the green light. Plus, once you're "allowed" to run then you can do so with abandon and not feel guilty or worried about it. As much as I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures as a runner again, don't worry--I can wait :)

    YAY!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And exhale! :) Congrats! I'm so excited for you. And I agree with pp, running will be back in time. Maybe you could meditate and visualize yourself running. Lame, but just a thought! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting!!! Congratulations on your nugget! I love hearing pregnancy stories, because I remember how excited I used to feel and everyone around me would shrug their shoulders and go, "ehh!" But please continue to share! Also, you can include your blog in the pregnancy section of our directory.

    When you have a chance, please come join us at voiceBoks - The Voice of Motherhood where you can enter your site's info in the various categories of our directory along with a chance to meet a great group of women who truly WILL follow you back and keep revisiting.

    Have a great rest of the week!

    Sincerely,

    Lexie Lane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could not be happier for you! Trust your instincts on the running. I am so stinkin' excited for you I can hardly stand it!!

    ReplyDelete