Friday, October 28, 2011

THAT Girl




You know THAT girl in your group aerobics/Body Pump/yoga class? The one that stands as close as possible to the mirror and spends the entire class checking herself out from different angles? The one in all spandex?



With the exception of the all spandex getup, I realized this week that I've become THAT girl. I know that we are all vain to a certain extent and that self-love in moderation is healthy. But, I've always silently snickered in my head at the girls in class so in love with their bodies, or so obsessed with their bodies that you can tell that physical appearance is a primary focus in their life. But, for the past two months, I can't seem to get enough of my reflection. I love staring at my belly, looking at it from different angles, watching how it changes when I contort my body in different yoga positions. This is not to say that I don't have some issues with the pregnant body. I wish that I had more muscle definition in my arms, back, and butt like I used to. I wish I didn't have stretch marks on my back (my BACK?! who gets stretch marks there when pregnant?). But, I am so enamored with my little belly. I love it when unsolicited people touch my belly. I love when people comment on how it has grown. I only hope that I can look back on this time and think that I enjoyed being pregnant as much as possible for I do not know what will happen tomorrow. I don't know if this baby will be born alive and healthy. I don't know if I will ever be pregnant again.



Running Stats Week 28

Thursday, October 20, 2011: 9 miles

Friday, October 21, 2011: 6 miles

Saturday, October 22, 2011: 11 miles

Sunday, October 23, 2011: 6 miles (on treadmill, yuck!)

Monday, October 24, 2011: 9 miles

Tuesday, October 25, 2011: 9 miles, Body Pump

Wednesday, October 26, 2011: 7 miles

Total Mileage: 57 miles

Comparison to Pregnancy #1: 35 miles + cross training



Pictures from 29 weeks, 1 day


6 comments:

  1. Your belly is divine that's why!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS an adorable belly for sure! You should love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! I was totally with ya on "THAT girl" and then couldn't stop smiling when that girl is YOU with your most adorable pregnant belly! I am so beyond excited for you! You are on the home stretch and this little girl is going to be so, so loved my one amazing Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol!!! That is too funny. You're allowed to revel in your belly and the attention it's getting. You are beautiful!!... Oh, and I need to know what modifications you do in body pump. I want to start back up in a few weeks. Any things you don't do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw I love that. You look beautiful, so you should be staring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to say thank you so much for your recent comment on my posts. You are always so sweet and helpful. I had a chat w/ hubs this weekend and am feeling slightly better...at least for the moment : )

    ReplyDelete