This question was posited on a local forum that I frequent regarding "TTC."
I like to go there and give positive encouragement/share knowledge re: local doctors whenever I start feeling sorry for myself...to remind myself that I am near the other side of this journey and how lucky I am no longer to be *hoping* to get pregnant.
Here was my response:
"You get depressed. You barely get off the couch. You rarely hang out with friends or leave the house. You gain weight. You wake up sobbing in the middle of the night. You break down at work. Your boss comments on how your performance has tanked. You get in huge fights with your husband. You drink too much. You contemplate suicide. You go to three different therapists. You fire them all. You get 8 different "second" opinions (including CCRM, CRMI, and SIRM). You wonder if you will ever be happy again. You hate pregnant people. You hate all people. You go to support groups. You become active in RESOLVE. You start a blog. You research adoption. You research donor eggs. You research childfree living.
You just keep going because the alternative sucks.
Or, you reach a point where you know that you can't do it anymore and you take a different path.
The KEY to surviving: finding others like you. That KNOW how you feel."
So, to all you ladies that have kept me company (and continue to do so): THANK YOU. You were the reason I survived.
yeah, i think that pretty much sums it up. not the most uplifting answer, but definitely terribly realistic, which is always a good thing to hear too! not need to sugar coat suckiness.
ReplyDeleteHear, hear!
ReplyDeleteYep. I learned to make decisions between Suck and More Suck, trying to decide what will Suck Less. And stopping when you know you're done.
ReplyDeletexoxo
sing it, sister, sing it!
ReplyDeleteAmen! I would have quit TTC a long time ago if it wasn't for my support. And the preggo infertiles still need support too.
ReplyDelete