Had my 3-week check in with the perinatologist this morning. Baby Girl is doing great. Measuring in the 39th percentile (she was actually in the 45th percentile 3 weeks ago) and weighs approximately 4 lbs 6 oz, right on track! The doctor isn't concerned about this small drop from the 45th to 39th percentile. Her head still seems to be measuring small, but the doctor thinks is more likely due to the position of her head. Apparently she's pretty "far down," which is great. I can put my whole hand on my rib cage and press it down flat, so I have PLENTY of breathing room. I should be having more pelvic pressure (i.e., NEED to pee), but haven't really noticed that. I can sleep through the night just fine without having to use the bathroom. So, I go back in 3 more weeks (at 36 weeks!) to see if she is continuing to develop along the same growth curve.
If she continues to develop normally, then I guess I need to revise my running goals for this pregnancy. My goals were simply run as long as I can for as far as I can comfortably as long as baby girl seems to be getting all the food/sustenance she needs. In the back of my mind, though, I was just hoping to run through week 35 like I did with my son. In fact, I ran over 50 miles at week 35. Since I've never run farther into my pregnancy than that, I'm not really sure what I can expect. And, I would be lying if there weren't days that the only way I could force myself out of bed to run was the thought that I wouldn't be running that much longer. Maybe after 35 weeks I'll just cut back to every other day? Plus, I'm running out of room in my cold weather running gear!! Or, maybe this pregnancy I'll be one of those crazy people that runs up until delivery day?
Running Stats Week 32
Thursday, November 17, 2011: 9 miles
Friday, November 18, 2011: 7 miles, 1 mile walk
Saturday, November 19, 2011: 9 miles
Sunday, November 20, 2011: 8 miles run, 1 mile walk and Body Flow
Monday, November 21, 2011: 6 miles run
Tuesday, November 22, 2011: 9 miles run, 1 mile walk
Wednesday, November 23, 2011: 9 miles
Total Mileage: 57 miles + Yoga
Comparison to Pregnancy #1: 46 miles + cross training
i carried really low too, the ob would joke that she was half way out for the last few weeks. i never felt any pressure...he was shocked. whatever, it was comfortable compared to most i think!
ReplyDeleteSo glad things are going well and you are feeling great. Run to your heart's content until you don't feel like it's working anymore. You just never know what to expect :-) So happy for you
ReplyDeleteYay! Love popping in and seeing how well you're doing!
ReplyDelete