Friday, August 17, 2012

Never Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch: Adenomyosis

Well, today sucked.

HSG and mock transfer.

HSG indicated that I may have adenomyosis, a condition in which endometrial tissue, which normally lines the uterus, is present within and grows into the muscular walls of the uterus.  It's found in women who have had children, can cause problems with implantation, and is linked with infertility.

For f*ck's sake.  I'd just like to go into the RE for once and not leave with another new diagnosis that even further diminishes my chances of having any more children.

I'm trying to keep perspective.  I thought endometritis was going to end up being a big deal.  Turns out I only had a mild, treatable case. 

I have to get an MRI as a secondary diagnostic to see if I really have it.

Overall, I have this deep, sinking feeling...as if the clouds of depression and futility are gathering around me.  I realize this is an emotion and that my emotions will change.  I'm treating it with copious amounts of chocolate and sulking on the couch today.  Pity parties aren't that much fun.  Boo.

3 comments:

  1. Stave it off, overdose on chocolate!! Fingers crossed that this initial problem is not one that actually impedes your chances of trying, that it's a common one in many women who go on to have success. try and keep the perspective you had a few posts ago...that this is just "seeing what's possible" and if not, girl you have two super cute kids to spend time with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the chocolate helped. And hopefully I am coming to your area soon so I can treat you to some chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anxious for your update. Hope you didn't get bad news. I agree with the chocolate statement above. And wine.. Lots of wine.

    ReplyDelete