E2 came in at 181 today, so there's been some progression. We're following 3 decent sized follicles on the left side, with 2-3 others that are measurable. The right side isn't responding and has no measurable follicles. So, that's great. It's not over yet.
Today I found out that my youngest sister (I have 2) is pregnant. It is resurfacing all sorts of emotions. Angry that I was the only sibling that had to struggle with this (because life is fair and we should have the same amount of strife in all our lives, right?). Upset that I am the only sibling to have children "late" in life...I feel like a failure. Why didn't I try to have children sooner? What was I waiting for? I'm sure I will feel happy for her, but it just feels like another reminder that I'm different and this isn't something that is easy for us. I said all the right things. I told her I was happy for her. I told her they'd be great parents. I was a good sister even though I was silently crying. Man, these drugs make everything harder.
Hang in there...and keep reminding yourself that the drugs make you more hormonal...everyone has their own journey and yours has been tough but you have TWO beautiful children to show for it...and now they'll have more cousins! Fingers crossed for you...
ReplyDelete