I couldn't believe it. Two perfectly beautiful 8-cells. Neither took. Two different negative pregnancy tests. Tons of what are typically uniquely pregnant symptoms for me. Still no period. I am devastated. It is like losing Mackenzie all over again. I can't help but feel that I am a failure. That we will never get pregnant again. That something is messed up in my uterus now and I'll never get to hold another baby of my own in my arms. That my premonition that Josie would be my last child, the last time I would have a full pregnant belly again, was indeed true. That my heart will never heal from losing Mackenzie and I will always walk around feeling a little more broken, a little bit different from the rest of humanity because my child is dead.
My arms ache for my baby. I am so angry to be doing IVF fucking again. I am so angry to end on such failure. I am so angry to have to cancel holidays and vacations and suck our financial resources into this. I am so tired of being in pain and sad and crying and wanting so much to just be like a normal person that can make plans and implement them for my life.
Be gentle with me, dear readers. Know that I am in a dark, sad place and the perspective that one gets when not depressed and utterly devastated is not here.
Please, tell me. How will I survive losing my baby? How will I ever get over losing him if I cannot have another baby?
Oh, Mackenzie. I am so sorry I failed you. I am so sorry I didn't take the doctors more seriously and listen to them when they told me about a support group. I wish someone had taken me by the shoulders and gently said this is not good, this is very very bad. No one did that. I didn't know. I would have laid in bed and treasured every little moment with you if I truly thought you were going to die. I would have never freaked out about being pregnant with twins. I would have been more scared of losing you. I would have loved you better. I would have done so many things differently, my dear sweet boy. I miss you forever. I wish that Baby Girl and Nugget had gotten to be your big sister and big brother. They love each other so much. They would have adored you, too. Come back, baby, come back and be in my belly. Come back and be with me. I love you, little one. I love you so much.
Oh RunningMama, i am so sorry to hear this. Is there support group for you now? I don't know what to say except cherish those two little kids who do still give a little light to your world. And...also, you sound completely exhausted...how much further pain are you willing to put yourself through - you have not failed anyone, especially Mackenzie - who i think you need to take time out and fully grieve (easier said than done, my apologies for the blase words in this short format)....((hugs))
ReplyDeleteOh no. I am so, so sorry. That's just completely wrong.
ReplyDeletePlease don't blame yourself- you aren't responsible for this shitty situation. You haven't failed anyone. Life is one big gamble, and you just happen to be on a really nasty losing streak.
We are, of course, all here to support you. 100%. But I hope you're able to find that IRL support that is so necessary for survival. As a woman who never did manage to complete her family, I can tell you that I am changed, but I am, and I will be, OK. You will be, too.
Now go out and RUN. You know it will help. It won't take it all away, but it will give you a few minutes to feel normal again. HUGS to you...
I am just so sorry. You have done nothing wrong. IVF sucks..... IF sucks... loss sucks. Take the time to grieve it all now, no need to make any decisions or think about the future. Work on healing your heart right now. It's not too late for a support group. I'd suggest doing something to memorialize McKenzie? Thinking o you...
ReplyDeleteYou WILL get through this, I promise. You will be a different person on the other side, but that isn't always such a bad thing. Hugs
I'm so sorry. I don't have the answers. It isn't your fault though, and you did not do anything wrong.
ReplyDeleteI have been reading quietly for the past several months, crying for you, with you, but not knowing what to say. I am so sorry that this didn't work. I can only imagine the anguish you are going through.
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of you often over these past several months.
Oh RunningMama...I'm so so sorry to read this. I am so sorry I wasn't here earlier--I lost my google reader and couldn't find everyone.
ReplyDeleteYou have every right to be sad and mad and every other emotion under the sun that comes with this soul sucking experience.
Big hugs coming to you.