So....I went to the doctor/midwife practice on Wednesday (yesterday).
The doctor that I saw (first time that I met her; I'm going to call her Dr. Zen) said that my Braxton Hicks contractions were fine as long as I didn't have more than 6 in an hour...which is what I had read and why I was so confused about when they freaked out on me last week?! Dr. Zen said that effacement is a subjective assessment and, hence, why they decided to do the ultrasound to ensure that my cervix was still long and closed (it was). I asked Dr. Zen if the doctor I saw on Friday (Dr. Crusty Old Man) could have incorrectly assessed that I was slightly effaced and she hedged "that could be a possibility." I told her that Dr. Crusty Old Man and the MidWife had said that I had to stop running and asked her whether this was necessary. Dr. Zen didn't see any reason for me to stop running, but said that I should cut back. I have no problem cutting back...I just don't want to stop running unless absolutely, medically necessary.
I am running again! Woohoo!
While running today, I think I felt the illusive "round ligament pain" that I have been hearing about. My tummy has grown so much in the past two to three weeks--particularly in the past several days. I preemptively bought on-line today a support belt to wear when running. I also have started having trouble eating because I feel absolutely stuffed after eating a meal that would typically have left me a little hungry. I guess I need to start eating in smaller increments....although I typically eat at least 7 times in a day (pre-run; post-run; 11 am; lunch; late afternoon; dinner; late evening).
Good news!! I'm glad you'll be back out there. I also try to eat little bits throughout the day, esp. as I run out of room!
ReplyDeleteYou and I are probably due at the same time! Nov 5? I'm also getting BH contractions but am not worried about them. I think of them as my uterus training for the big event. I actually think they're pretty cool (I don't have tons of them, but get em everyday at some point). Cool that your body knows your uterus needs to get strong and fit for the real thing. :)
ReplyDeleteJust found your blog through a pregnant running fellow blogger! It will be good to read through your experiences, I have just hit 12 weeks. It is amazing how much you are doing - I hope that i can do the same!!
ReplyDeleteYeah! People are reading my blog:> Welcome! And happy active pregnancies to you, too!
ReplyDelete