Sunday, August 17, 2008

Week 28 Running Stats

Monday, August 11, 2008: 6.5 mile run
Tuesday, August 12, 2008: 75 min elliptical, 1 hour Body Pump class in evening
Wednesday, August 13, 2008: 7 mile run
Thursday, August 14, 2008: 7 mile run, 2 mile walk with dogs in evening
Friday, August 15, 2008: 8.5 mile run, 1 hour Body Pump class in evening
Saturday, August 16, 2008: 4 mile run 3 mile walk (very upset tummy!), spent most of day laying down because of upset tummy :<
Sunday, August 17, 2008: 3 mile run 4 mile walk (still very upset tummy!), 45 min elliptical
Total Mileage: 35 miles + crosstraining

So, since Saturday morning I have had pretty severe stomach cramping and both of my runs have sucked! At the start of my runs, I would feel fine and then things would get worse and worse and I would have to walk. Today I even got to the point that I actually considered getting my husband to come pick me up because I felt so awful. I don't know if I was just having round ligament pain or gas or braxton hicks contractions or what. I thought maybe I had some mild form of food poisoning because I had a bit of diarrhea yesterday (and also after I got back from my run today). Or maybe I just can't eat much before I go running? Yesterday I had 2 kashi waffles with syrup and a little peanut butter and jelly before my run. Today I had 2 pieces of orange/cranberry/walnut bread with cream cheese and 1 kashi waffle with syrup and butter. If I run tomorrow, I will just have a banana and see if that helps. This is very frustrating because my legs feel like they have plenty of energy, but my tummy is just too upset.

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when my stomach doesn't cooperate. It is so frustrating! I usually can't eat before a short run but will eat pb on bread before a longer run. Hope your stomach feels better. Great job on the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that it's a whole lot of fun, but I rediscovered water running today! It's so easy on your belly but yet you can still get in a good workout. I didn't have any BH contractions (I always get them right away when I walk/run). I'm lucky b/c I live in a nice warm place where pools are oceans are endless, but if you have access to a pool it might be a decent alternative on days when land running just isn't feeling so great?

    ReplyDelete