Sunday, September 28, 2008

Note to Self: Avoid On-line Forums

I spent a LOT of time on forums when I was struggling with infertility and going through my IUI and IVF cycles. I *thought* I had learned my lesson...I tend to get obsessed about the horror stories I would read of women that tried 3-4-more cycles of IVF that didn't work. I didn't need to have that negative energy in my mind. So, in general, I have tried to avoid any sort of on-line forum that might expose any of the million of things that can go wrong with your pregnancy. I couldn't sleep (um, again) last night and decided to check out an on-line forum. Bad, bad, bad idea. This forum had a section for women that delivered their babies early. One woman said that she noticed her baby wasn't moving as much and found out that the baby had been strangled to death by its umbilical cord at 33 weeks. It broke my heart and I have been obsessively noticing all of the baby's movements. I woke myself up thinking about this and have had 2 glasses of OJ in attempt to get him to wriggle around. Ug. I should NEVER go to those sites!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, stay away from those sites! I've had a couple of days here and there where baby was less active than usual and it did make me start to wonder... but I've heard that as long as you feel at least one movement a day you're fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god, yes. I can't go on any sites anymore. I don't want to know what is going to happen or what can happen. I'm just going with the flow!

    ReplyDelete