- Mr. Nathan has not had a BM since last Sunday. I have been pretty worried about it as breastfed babies typically do not have constipation. He hasn't seemed to be in any discomfort and my doctor said that it is nothing to worry about as long as he was still eating enough and didn't have rabbit pellet-type poop when he does go. Of course, being the worry wart that I am, I compulsively checked his diaper about every hour. Today when I got back from my run my hubby reported that Nathan had a HUGE BM and it was totally normal! Woohoo! I can't believe I was so happy about his pooping...my how my world has shifted....P.S. The doctor said that sometimes babies don't have BM when they are going through a growth spurt because they absorb everything they consume.
- I met a runner today!! She just moved to the area and is an ironwoman (all hail) and is just getting back into running after an achilles tendon injury. I really liked her...she seemed to have my sense of humor (HUGELY important...I like to laugh on my runs) and was slightly faster than my pace. AND, she asked for my email after the race. Double Woohoo!
- I ran my first race today. OK, I wasn't supposed to race today and was supposed to treat it like a training run...but, as usual, I couldn't help myself. I ran a 20K in 1:31 (a 7:20 pace). Not bad for a cold windy day on a mostly uphill course!
- I met a woman through DC Urban Moms that lives about 2 miles from my house that is looking for someone to share a nanny for her baby girl that was born 5 days before Nathan. The cost would be about the same as we had budgeted and she is committed to one year, which is about when I should be getting into the childcare place at work.
- I took Nathan to the gym while I went to my Body Flow class on Thursday. He was well behaved and I only slipped out of class once to check on him. Now that I know I can do it, I am going to try to go to yoga 2xs per week.
What a great week!!
Running Stats
Monday, January 12, 2009: 9.4 mile run (no watch) and Stroller Striders
Tuesday, January 13, 2009: 8.5 mile run (no watch)...pretty slow...I felt beat up from Stroller Striders!!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009: 7 mile run (no watch)...still felt beat up from Stroller Striders! and Body Pump class
Thursday, January 15, 2009: 9.4 mile run (8:13 pace) and Body Flow class
Friday, January 16, 2009: 8.5 mile run (8:16 pace)
Saturday, January 17, 2009: 20K (12.4 mile) race in 1:31 (7:20 pace) 3 mile cool down (no time for warm up!)
Sunday, January 18, 2009: 75 minute elliptical and MASSAGE!
Total Mileage: 58.3 miles
Also...I can't believe the so-called "suburban moms'" Stroller Striders class kicked my butt! I had two knots in my quads that took a couple of days to work out by rolling on the foam roller. I skipped my speed workout this week because I didn't want to make the knots any worse.
P.S. I came in 5th place overall and 2nd in my age group at the race!
Wow! Sounds like things are coming together for you! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteI understand about the pooping thing too... Moana sometimes skips a day and then I just brace myself for something MASSIVE to clean up... ;)
Your mileage is insane! Way to go. And a 20k? Awesome. Seems like all that came back fast although I don't know your pre-prego pace. Great other news with the poop, daycare, sounds like a wonderful week for sure!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on all the great news! Your blog really makes me wish I still lived in DC so we could run together. Seems like we run at pretty similar paces.
ReplyDeleteAnd it is sad how much I talk about poop now.
andra saves her blowouts for daddy too!! then he gets to give her a bath too...we have good kids! your week does sound good!
ReplyDeleteI thought I posted already but it's not here!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your race. Amazing! I have a 20k in a couple of week but it won't be nearly as speedy as yours.
You're doing so well!
Good work on the mileage. I found your blog not too long ago and enjoy reading. Also liked your comment on Salty One's page about harmony.
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies and...
ReplyDeleteHey Angela....ME TOO!!!!
I don't know how you find the time to run so much. Squeezing in my 30 or so miles is tough and I feel rushed all the time. Maybe it would be easier if the weather wasn't abysmal and I wasn't stuck in my basement all the time?
ReplyDeleteAlso, GREAT job in the race! That's a great time anyway, let alone so soon after baby! I would be happy to run that pace in a 5k right now.
Ok, and crazy about the poop! I would have been totally freaked out!!! My Nate only has maybe 2 really poopy diapers a day anymore and that kind of worried me. I can't imagine none! Although, I imagine it was kind of nice for changing purposes :)