Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Off to Tahoe

I am SO excited for this trip....but also a little nervous. On the one hand, I can't wait to see my friends from grad school. There are going to be 10 of us (5 couples) and THREE kids (the youngest is 9 weeks)! Grad school was probably my favorite time in my life and these are my some of my closest friends. I can't imagine life without them and wished we all still lived in the same city. On the other hand, I'm dreading the 7 hour flight (with layover) and the time change. Nathan was JUST starting to get into a routine of sleeping from 6-7 pm until 4-5 am (with NO mid-night feedings!).

I'm also convinced that I am going to forget some VERY IMPORTANT item or that I won't have warm enough clothes/enough clothes/matching clothes packed. Inevitably, whenever I go on vacation I realize that I must have been deranged when I packed because nothing I brought matches/looks good together/etc. I actually have made a concerted effort this year to buy the basics: black shirt, white shirt, jeans, kackis, etc. because I have such an idiosyncratic wardrobe that rarely works. I'm quite pleased with some of the outfits/clothes I've aquired and actually have several mix and match options. I'll never be a fashion plate, but at least I won't look like a blind person picked out my outfits!

It will be interesting trying to fit in running between the hiking, biking, kayaking, boating, boozing, eating, talking, and chilling! Coach said not to worry about speed, but to try and run every day and get in a 14-16 miler this weekend. Everyone knows what a running nut I am so it shouldn't be too hard...plus, I'll have plenty of babysitters!

See you all next week!!

4 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful trip! Enjoy the visiting and all the outdoor adventures. Sounds high energy, like a week at summer camp with all your best friends. : ) The kids will be fun to watch too. Good luck with your running. Enjoy a few new routes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time!!

    I hear you on the packing. I have lists of lists at this point.

    MCM Mama (Oh, how funny, my word verification is "angst" LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip :-)

    My case always weights twice as much as my husband's. My excuse always was "I've got lots of toiletries". I'm not good at packing light. And now with a baby...I can't leave the house without taking my body weight in supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you - have a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete