I feel like I've adjusted to the surprise news about my Grandmother this week and am moving more toward acceptance of the situation. Luckily, I happen to be reading a few good books that are helping me to process it (Somewhere Toward the End; Marriage and Other Acts of Charity; etc.).
In the mean time, let's focus on some happy thoughts! Nugget's latest tricks:
--Nugget seems to have developed distinct TASTES for certain books overnight. He used to adore the book "Little Hands Love" and would have me read it to him over and over again. Not anymore. He will wag his head emphatically left and right whenever I pull it out now. He will only let me read books with pictures of dogs or cats. Otherwise, he throws a fit.
--Nugget has found TWIRLING! He loves to turn in circles and nod his head left and right. It's hilarious to watch.
--I think Nugget is trying to repeat words that I say. Today, we were visiting my grandmother and he was playing with her cat (which was hilarious to see...how many cats do you know that will let little kids pull their tail?) he repeated back "Tat" when we said Cat. His most frequent word these days is "Gog" or "dog." Everything is a "gog."
--Nugget likes to go for walks by himself. He'll just take off down the sidewalk and walk for 2 blocks until we make him call it quits and he throws a big tantrum.
Weekly Mileage:
Monday, January 25, 2010: 8.5 miles, Body Flow
Tuesday, January 26, 2010: 2 m WU, 2K (800 jog), 1600 (800 jog), 1200 (600 jog), 800 (400 jog), 400, 1 mile CD. All at around 6/6:10 min pace. Was really dragging. Coach suggested I get tested for anemia because I've been lagging the past three weeks in practices while getting plenty of sleep.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010: 11 miles am//3 miles walk pm, 30 min yoga
Thursday, January 28, 2010: 8.5 miles am//3 miles pm
Friday, January 29, 2010: 8.5 miles (decided to skip tempo and sleep in), 30 min yoga pm
Saturday, January 30, 2010: 10.2 miles am//2 miles walk pm, 30 min yoga
Sunday, January 31, 2010: 17 miles (all on the freaking treadmill; had to run early b/f going to see gmom and streets were still filled with snow...plus it was 15 degrees!)
Total Mileage: 75 miles (this was TOO big a jump from last week...I think I was running out some of the stress of learning about gmom's diagnosis)
75 mile week. Goodness. I'm impressed. And no wonder you are lagging.
ReplyDeleteNathan sounds like he's a happy little guy and lots of fun. And he sounds a lot like his mom in his desire to just take off down the street.
Claire's become quite the book person too. Sometimes we sit side by side on the couch - me reading a novel and her reading a first words book. She like to "read" too, babbling and pointing to each page.
ReplyDeleteNice mileage. Someday I'd like to get back to at least sixty mile weeks (Right now I'm at 40-45). Do you wake really early to get the runs in? Is your work schedule shorter to accommodate?
Hey Sarah--B/c I have a flexible schedule, getting in the miles is easier. Track and tempo runs are 6:15-7:30/7:45 at the track. The rest of the week-day runs are usually starting at 5:45/6:00 to be home by 7:15 so hubby can leave for work. Occassionally, if I am feeling really exhausted, I will sleep in and take Nathan to daycare early and run before I go in. I'm really lucky, I know. :>
ReplyDeleteP.S. AWESOME! weekly mileage for a 1st trimester preggo! I couldn't run that much my first trimester. Too sick/exhausted (and other things).
ReplyDeleteThe words are so cute, I love how they start to imitate, so exciting! :)
ReplyDeleteI like how he is getting interested in books too - that is so neat. Right now Nick just slams the pages to the end.
Oh the twirling is so darn cute, isn't it? Moana is repeating everything too. Amazing to watch them learn so much new stuff everyday and express all their preferences.
ReplyDelete