Friday, August 13, 2010

Needles Galore!

I started my "big" drugs this past Monday (menopur and follistim) and my poor little belly looks like a black and blue bruised pin cushion. I'm feeling surprisingly relaxed about the whole process. Perhaps it is because we had friends visit this past weekend with their three kids and IT WAS MADNESS. It made me realize that two kids is much more my speed than three kids and I'm OK with this process taking time. I have 2 3/4 years before I hit the 35 deadline where fertility just take a nosedive. Suddenly, I'm feeling like I have plenty of time.
My retrieval should be at the end of next week (between August 18th-20th) and then the transfer should be 3-5 days after that and then the beta should be the first week in September.
P.S. note the lovely little "blue" box...from Tiffany & Co.! My hubby got me a nice little surprise for enduring all this infertility crap. You can't appreciate how amazing this is unless you know a) my husband's great disdain for "big box" jewelers; b) my husband's horrible taste in jewelry that has resulted in several fights. Maybe I'll tell that story in another post.

6 comments:

  1. How nice of hubby :) You sound in a MUCH better place mentally than a couple of months ago. Relaxed...I like it, I need to adopt that approach now too. May the force be with you....(sorry but Star Wars came into my head, may as well go with it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're on your way. : ) And do tell a jewelry story now that your husband has redeemed himself. : )

    And, yeah, I'm starting to think two kids might be an easier speed than three... Though I love odd numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work by the hubby. And I'm so glad you are relaxed about it. I'm in total agreement - I want no more than 2. If the next one is half as active as Zach I am in big, big trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound like you're in a really good place with all of this. Crossing my fingers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely deserve that pretty blue box for all that you are going through. Like everyone else said, you sound so nice and relaxed with terms of where you are right now. And I agree that 2 kids seems sort of reasonable. Thanks for sharing that adding a 3rd to the equation just equals madness. Fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on the hubby's part. You more than deserve it!

    ReplyDelete