Monday, January 24, 2011

All By My Lonesome

I'm all by my lonesome up here in NJ. From my window in my room, I can see a train station, which brings a smile to my face because I know how excited my little Nugget would be to see it!

I got in around 7pm last night and drove around the town to get my bearings. I identified all my staples for this trip...Whole Foods for warm soup at lunch, Starbucks for my Chai Tea Lattes, a nail salon where I may venture to fix my talons, a bookstore for evening browsings, and a mall to indulge myself in some schedule-free shopping. Of course, I'm teleworking, so my days will be full.

The eggies are not growing so well. Only 4-5 that are above 10mm at this point. The doctor today callously said, "you have what you have and you can't do anything about it." Well, thanks for the lesson in the obvious. Not that it makes me feel any better.

8 comments:

  1. Sending you- and your eggs- some warm thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email me offline if you want some company ... I'm in NJ, and I suspect not too far from where you are right now ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is it about doctors and their ruthless comments??? geesh. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the novelty of teleworking in NJ, glad you have a Wholefoods nearby - yummmmmy!!! 4-5 eggies above 10mm is something, sending uber-positive vibes their way:) have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez, what a comment by the RE--that doesn't seem like a bad haul after 4 days of stims?! C'mon follies, you can do this!!

    Thinking of you. Keep us posted. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's not funny at all but your comment, "Well, thanks for the lesson in the obvious" made me crack up.

    Enjoy your trip and alone time. Good time to reflect and meditate (almost wrote mediate... LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pep talk, RE. Hoping those follies kick it into high gear and soon! So glad you found some creature comforts nearby - I say treat yourself to whatever might remotely make you feel better. I am ALL about that these days - anything to make life suck a little less.

    ReplyDelete
  7. first things first... i am SOOO a #1 on that personality test. I just took it online. its so true. we're blog-soul mates, that's for sure :-)

    secondly, i'm sorry that your eggs aren't growing so well, but i sure hope that you find the one good one in there that will be your happiness. but i agree, that RE would make me want to kick him in the teeth... no shit sherlock

    finally, sounds like you have a nice little place to enjoy some time alone, even if its not for an ideal reason, glad you found your creature comforts. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *waves to NJ from NYC* :)

    sending you and your eggies positive, growing vibes!

    ReplyDelete