Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Where Have I Been?

  • Avoiding the fact that we've spent a year doing fertility treatments with no positive results.
  • Avoiding pregnant people.
  • Avoiding people with small babies.
  • Avoiding the email in my in-box inviting me to participate in the elite field of racers for the DC Marathon (ha, double-ha...can I even run 1 mile at my old pace right now???)
  • Avoiding failed New Year's Resolutions.
  • Avoiding the fact that I have to return to work full-time to help pay for more fertility treatments or adoption.
But, I've also been trying to enjoy the two weeks off with Nugget. I feel so thankful to have him and have loved my time with him. If we ever do get to have another child, I hope that I can take a few years off of work and just enjoy the children.

Baking Christmas Cookies:












Practicing Taking Pictures with my Pretty New Lens:











Watching Nugget Enjoy Spending Time with His Grandparents:











Watching Nugget Enjoy His Bounty of Christmas Presents:











I will write more later. There has been quite a lot of drama going on with our insurance company. One day we're covered for a cycle in NJ. The next day we're not. It's so draining. Oh, and we didn't strike gold with our natural cycle this past month. Sigh.

10 comments:

  1. Ugh. I hear ya, girl. It is so frustrating having those milestones like Christmas and New Year's to just slam in your face that you are no further ahead than you were last year. Sigh. I am glad your little Nugget is able to bring you joy and sunshine that you so deserve. So sorry about the insurance struggles. That whole process is infuriating! Keep fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. missed you! we didn't strike gold either. :-( so i'm on BCPs for IVF#4. yeah more cash going OUT the door. ugh. happy new year and i'm glad you have taken some time away from all of this madness. hug to you and kicks in the butt to those insurance companies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs. I know the feeling.

    You back running since you aren't doing treatments? I've found that as frustrating as it is I can't go as far or fast as I could even a couple of months ago, it's making my outlook at least a little better.

    I love the second picture of Nugget - such a great shot.

    Insurance companies suck. Here's hoping that you get things straightened out soon.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definitely relate. I hope this year is much better for you!

    Aww nuggett is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures! Stupid insurance companies, and stupid holidays that make the milestones (or lack of milestones) weigh more heavily on your shoulders ... I hope that 2011 brings you better news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you on the avoiding things and insurance woes. This whole process is made so much harder because of $!

    Love the photos of nugget.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The protocol that i'm doing is the antagonist w/ menopur & gonal-f... and starting w/ 2 weeks of BCPs. i love the idea of winning the lottery! my dh played as well... alas.. no win :-( i would have bought us all lifetime IVF cycles too. lol!... i need a lot of reassurance... alot... so you're in good company.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nuggett is to super cute--I'm glad you are basking in his adorableness :)
    I hope things start looking up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures.

    I hope 2011 is your year (and my year as well)! I keep looking at races I'd love, love, love to be training for but I know it has to wait. But how long does it have to wait? It's so nerve racking.

    I hope you figure out your insurance. At least with my insurance totally sucking, I know where I stand - it doesn't cover a damn thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the pics! especially the pouty face one. :)

    good luck with the insurance drama.

    ReplyDelete