We still have no idea what we are going to do. We have a meeting scheduled with CCRM on March 7th (my sister has a meeting with them the same day). I have been exploring donor eggs and met with a local clinic that has a pretty large program with 70% success rates with donor eggs. The doctor talked to us for 1.5 hours and was not convinced that we were at the donor egg junction yet. He said that donor eggs would get us to having children sooner than continuing our IVF journey, but that I didn't have a miserable response and produced good enough quality eggs to get to blastocyst. He said that I wasn't in premature ovarian failure, but rather a grey area within diminished ovarian reserve where I had the AMH level and antral follicle count of a woman in her late thirties/early forties. He said that he would give us a 10-20% chance of another round of IVF working out. Plus, he said that we should consider doing the FET with our last frozen embryo because sometimes the embryo is better able to implant in a body that is not "hyped up" on drugs.
So, what to do this month? A natural FET? An IUI? Given the short time frame, I think we are going to do a natural IUI this month as I am nearing ovulation and have 2 good looking follicles at 15 and 16mm. We asked whether there was any point in trying naturally or doing an IUI given my husband's low morphology and the doctor said pregnancy rates in general did not vary despite the inclusion of men with low morphology in the sample (this contradicts everything else I've read). Plus, we know that my husband's sperm can fertilize eggs as 3 of the 6 eggs from our cycle with Nugget fertilized without ICSI.
My sister has gotten SOME good news. Her antral count was eight this cycle and her FSH is really low (0.4), but her AMH is also really low (0.3). Also, they were worried that we may have fragile X, but her results came back negative. I'll get my results in a couple of weeks.
So, that's my news. Sorry for my lack of commenting the last two weeks. I have been dealing with my own crap.
Good luck with everything! I hope the IUI brings you a special miracle! You might as well try! I'll be thinking of you! My fragile X was also negative. We don't know why this is happening :-( I feel your pain. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteThe IUI sounds like the way to go ... hoping that the meeting with CCRM isn't even necessary, but either way, hope it goes well.
ReplyDeleteJust catching up...I was so sad to read about your sister. I just can't believe this is happening to you guys. If there is one very small positive in this, I am glad you have each other to lean on. The IUI sounds like a good plan for this month...and I forgot about your 1 frozen embryo. YAY for that! Hang in there, hun.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the IUI! You're right - there's nothing to lose and you never know! It will be interesting to hear what CCRM thinks. I'm sorry to hear your sister is struggling as well. The only good thing is that you have each other to lean on.
ReplyDelete