So, I got tired of being afraid...
And, after our last ultrasound, I finally got enough courage to go for a short, SLOW jog on Friday, Sunday, and Today (Tuesday). I'm not sure how far I'm running: 4-5 miles? I'm not sure how fast I'm running: 10-12 minute pace?
But, I am running. While I am doing it, I have these moments where I wonder how anyone could think that running was bad for pregnancy? I'm barely moving. Seriously, grandma could run faster.
But, then I read about fellow blogger's horrible losses and I wonder if I am being smart.
I ran through my son's pregnancy. He was fine: full term, healthy, and full of energy.
I have a tendency to think that if bad things are going to happen, my running will not be the cause of them.
So, unless my ultrasound goes awry tomorrow, the plan is to continue running every other day until my current run (4-5 miles) feels comfortable. Then, I can up my distance to 6 miles every other day for a week and then I can start running 2 days in a row for 6 miles for a week. And, then...I'll just figure it out. I ran 30-60 miles a week during my pregnancy with my son. I'd hope that I could see that kind of mileage again, but I am not going to plan on it. I'm just going to hope that I can get out there again and run and feel alive and free.
Here's what BOTH my nurse and doctor told me when I asked about running: if it's a viable pregnancy, running will NOT hurt you or the baby.
ReplyDeleteSo I say go for it. Just listen to yourself and your body.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
xoxo
Good luck! I'm glad you're getting to do something you clearly love so very much!
ReplyDeleteI think this is a great plan. Fingers xx'd for a picture-perfect ultrasound ... to me, running would make you healthier, not endanger your pregnancy.
ReplyDeletehope you get to keep running! i was dancing, but my doc but the stop to that more than once a week. :( but then again, i am high risk and he is very cautious in his own words, and that's ok :) hoping for great news from your u/s tomorrow!
ReplyDelete