Saturday, September 21, 2013

One Little Heartbeat

I was supposed to wait until next Thursday for my first ultrasound, but I was going crazy because I really don't have any symptoms.  So, we begged for an earlier ultrasound and got in yesterday.  We saw one perfectly measuring gestational sac and a strong little heartbeat (128 bpm).  So, that's good news.  As I was getting dressed after the ultrasound, my husband asked me if I was happy.  He didn't think that I seemed happy.  I told him that I was relieved, but am pretty guarded.  I was a little sad that there weren't two little heartbeats, as I felt that would be some redemption.  But, I know that one little baby is safest.  I've started running and exercising again, which is wonderful.  I miss my athletic self.  I miss being toned and in shape.  I miss being able to crack out really fast miles at the track.  I miss my running cronies.  I miss long runs and training for races.  I think the fall has me forlorn.  It is my favorite time of year to run. 

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous!!! What wonderful news! And I'm so glad you're running again- that will be good for the soul. Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so good to hear this ... listening to the sound of rain on my deck right now, which is remarkably like the strong heartbeat of a tiny little life, and sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! So happy for you! Praying all continues to go well and you can enjoy your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes. I can relate. Achieving pregnancy is wonderful, but there always seems to be a bit of time required to accept that fast, fit running will have to be put off for a bit. Glad you're able to get out and run decent distances.

    And of course, Congrats on the wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete