Monday, January 5, 2009

Fertile Mertile

No, I am not pregnant.

But, the doctor does think the spotting I had could mean that I can get pregnant. Not that I am letting my husband near my post-episiotomy Franken-va-jay-jay. I am too scared to have sex!!

5 comments:

  1. I think I'm more scared of the c-section and longer recovery and not being able to run in time to prepare for boston (which I'm doing no matter what). So do you think that the doula would help with that or mental/physical stamina would play the bigger role? I just am scared they would tell me that I needed one and I wouldn't know if I really did or not but the doula could help me out there and advocate for me?? What do you think? I don't think I care about the epidural at this point and can decide then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doula definitely helped with emotional support...during my 2.5 hour of pushing (when they were talking about doing a c-section on me)...my doula kept telling me I could do it...even when I thought I couldn't. That being said, it was my HUSBAND who had all the conversations with my midwife and was my real advocate for NOT getting a c-section or vacuuming him out. But, that might have just been my doula's personality. And...even if you have a natural childbirth...you still might not be ready to run for 4-6 weeks. I tried to run 2 weeks post partum like the other ladies...but b/c of the traumatic birth...I couldn't run until 4 weeks post partum. So, you might want to prepare your mind to that possibility. I certainly was NOT prepared to wait 4 weeks to run. IMHO, I really think that it is too soon for Boston for you...you will only be 2.5 months post partum, right? I'm still a little nervous to think about a 1/2 marathon 4 months post partum. You might be better than I about going slow and backing out of races. But, I know that I would be dissappointed in myself if I dropped out and would feel like a failure and I would just want to avoid that feeling all-together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your vjj is just fine!!! Hahaha. I totally thought i'd feel the same way but as soon as we got the all clearwe started up again. We didn't do it much at all the 2nd half of my pregnancy though! For me the worst part is how weak my pelvic floor muscles are! This also makes running unpleasant sometimes as once in a while I leak urine!! Ewww!!!!I've been doing kegels like crazy so hopefully I'll get back to normal in a few months. Sorry for typing--I'm pumping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know what you mean about sex!! i feel back to normal everywhere but there...i just looked up what 2nd degree tearing actually meant and now i'm really not looking forward to anything getting near me there. i have 2 more weeks til i go back to the dr to get checked though.

    ReplyDelete