A picture of Nathan in the sweater and hat his great grandmother knit him...
Monday, January 12, 2009
Stroller Striders
I was trying to get out the door to go do a BodyPump class at the gym, but little Nathan screamed his head off as soon as I got in the car, so I decided to scrap it. 30 minutes later I went out to get the diaper bag that I had left in the car and my neighbor was buckling her son in her car and asked if I wanted to go to Stroller Striders with her. I was still dressed for the gym and Nathan had settled down, so I figured why not? I have to admit that I have seen these Stroller Strider moms before...and laughed my head off at them...running around the mall with their kids in their strollers. It seemed the epitome of suburban motherhood. Now, I really can appreciate being able to take your kids with you while you get a workout. With the exception of the arms and the abs, it wasn't that hard. It was nice to do something active, though. I don't know if I will do it again as it is $15 a class and babysitting at my gym is only $3.50...that is if I can psyche myself enough to take him to the gym and have them watch him. Maybe tomorrow...
A picture of Nathan in the sweater and hat his great grandmother knit him...
A picture of Nathan in the sweater and hat his great grandmother knit him...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
take him to the gym! has he been there before? i am so excited to be able to take andra in a week and a half...though i think i'll try to time it with naptime so i don't have added crying-baby guilt.
ReplyDeleteI thought about those stroller striders groups too... But way too expensive!
ReplyDeleteHey that is something!! That sounds funny though!! :)
ReplyDeleteHe is cute! $15 a class is crazy. We do daycare at the gym all the time. It was hard to leave him the first time but he didn't seem to mind.
ReplyDeleteI love the little hand-knitted sweater.
ReplyDelete$15 a class is just the drop-in rate, they also offer other pricing options. You should try it when the classes are outside!
ReplyDelete