- Attempted sleep training because Nathan has decided that he will only sleep for 2-3 hours in a row. After one long crying session decided to postpone sleep training until Nathan was 16 weeks and over 12 lbs. I am just not a person of strong constitution. Maybe a couple more weeks of sleep deprivation will make me more resolved. So, anyone that actually has luck in this department, LET ME KNOW!
- Met with potential Nanny....I NEVER thought that I would get a nanny...let alone a nanny whose native tongue is not English. Oh well. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Husband and I had a long debate as to whether we can consider ourselves middle class if we have a nanny. I argue that since we shop at Costco and DSW and can't really afford to buy a 3 bedroom house that we are most certainly middle class. Also, I remind him that we are not getting Mary Poppins, but rather a legal immigrant with mediocre English. Husband also protests getting a nanny and states that he wants an au pair "because they're hot." I tell husband he doesn't stand a chance...with a nanny, let alone an au pair.
- Held competition between my dogs and my baby to see which had the worst farts. Man. That baby can clear a room like nothing else. I think the baby farts won. Wonder if my massive consumption of beans this week (Chuckwagon Stew, Refried Beans in my Tacos, and Veggie Burger from scratch) might be affecting his gastronomical prowess.
- Went in to visit my co-workers. I have so many great friends at work...I can't wait to go back! I always wondered whether I had this Earth Mother waiting to blossom inside of me after I had children and I have realized that it is WAY easier to go to work and more suited for my personality!! I drive myself crazy at home all day because I feel like I can finish anything...the laundry...the dishes...the cleaning...my email...even a freaking thought sometimes! This being said, I also have a great, very flexible work environment and rarely work more than 40 hours a week. If I had a job that was more stressful with longer hours, I might have a different perspective.
- Started trying to plan out menus for the week. Pre-baby my husband and I would either get take-out or forage our cabinets for something quick and easy to make for a meal. I am trying to actually make meals and have us sit down for dinner. I am NOT a good cook and am struggling to find recipes that are easy, healthy, and quick. I try all these healthy recipes and they taste like crap. I try Cooking Light recipes and they call for 1/4 teaspoon of some obscure ingredient only available from some Polynesian island and take two hours to make. Where do you all get your recipes??
- Think I might have FINALLY lost 1-2 freaking pounds after 9 weeks of losing NOTHING. Only 4-6 more to go! Also...I mentioned...I am a person of weak constitution. So, I stopped counting calories and am trying not to eat PB and too many sweets and it seems to be working.
- Met another fun runner at my long run today! We had one of the best running conversations that I have had in a long time. I've always felt that a good running conversation is better than therapy. She's going to be running every Saturday with the running group that I have joined, so I am excited. As a side note...both of my new running friends are lawyers. I really think a large population of runners are lawyers...maybe because they are so driven and organized (typically "Judging" personality types on Myers Briggs)?
- Got in 59 miles! Woohoo! Although...I have to say...I think that I might be "over" the enthusiasm of running again. My training plan for the 10 milers and 1/2 marathons this spring calls for some 70 mile weeks in March and I'm not super psyched about doing them. Plus, I'm not really sure that I am going to have the time to do them. My 8-9 mile runs really push the limits during the week.
Weekly Mileage
Monday, January 19, 2009: 9.4 miles (no watch)
Tuesday, January 20, 2009: 9.4 miles (no watch), 10-12 mile bike ride, Body Flow
Wednesday, January 21, 2009: 8.5 miles total: 1 mile WU, 6 miles @ 7:30, 1.5 mile CD, Body Pump
Thursday, January 22, 2009: 9.4 miles, Yoga Video (LOVE the MTV Yoga Video)
Friday, January 23, 2009: 8.5 miles with jogging stroller...it must have been a 10-11 min/mile pace! I don't know how people run fast with jogging strollers! Maybe I have bad form?
Saturday, January 24, 2009: 14 miles
Sunday, January 25, 2009: 75 minutes elliptical
Total Mileage: 59.2 miles
Zach farts like an adult. It's amazing. And somehow he's already finding it funny.
ReplyDeleteYou are putting in some amazing mileage. Glad you are finding good running partners. It's amazing the conversations you can have when ticking off miles. Makes me think I need to find some people to run with out here in the burbs.
We are seeing some improvement in the sleeping. We are routinely getting four hour stretches now. I'm still getting up and rubbing his belly and giving him a pacifier but I'm going to gradually decrease this as well.
i was wondering how a stroller slowed one down...sounds like a lot! as for cooking, 90% of what we eat is from trader joe's...it seems healthy and requires no work or creativity!
ReplyDeleteAngela--so do you rub his belly/soothe him if he gets up during those 4 hour stretches or are you soothing him after he wakes up after a 4 hour stretch?
ReplyDeleteClare--oh, BTW, I totally failed at our PB challenge. I stopped by the snack bar at work when I was visiting this week and picked up a Chic-o-stick...totally forgetting that it was made with PB! Ug! And, I LOVE TJ, too! Thankfully, there is one 10 minutes from my house.
Wow, you are doing a great job. I think that I will feel the same way about returning back to work, I've questioned, will I have this instinct and never want to work again? I don't think that I will, but you never know. I think I would go nuts staying at home, and become bored so quickly. Are you going back in 3 wks?
ReplyDeleteHope the nanny thing goes well. I remember you said there was something positive going on with a daycare opportunity, did anything come of that?
Cooking we do the same thing, and I don't like to cook. Maybe with the extra time I will cook more when I'm home.. but probably not.
Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog. And your comment about Cooking Light made me laugh - you're right: there's always some obscure ingredient that costs too much for the one recipe you'll use it in. I do have luck with some of their quick & easy and freezeable meals though. I also suggest "Quick Vegetarian Pleasures" by Jeanne Lemlin. Not all recipes are low-fat, but many of them are simple to prepare. She has other vegetarian cookbooks out too.
ReplyDelete