I'm still feeling pretty beat up from the accident last week. I tried to do a yoga video today, but one of my ribs hurt so badly that I couldn't finish it. Maybe I have a cracked/bruised rib? I guess I should go to the doctor to get all these bumps and bruises checked out. I think the EMT wasn't very thorough with my husband or me. On top of my bruises, I have some sort of cold. Hope it's not the swine flu! Wah. Wah. Wah.
Guess my training is going to be really off track for the 1/2 marathon I am running next month. Bummer.
Weekly Mileage:
Monday, April 27, 2009: Nada. Too exhausted from getting up at 5 am to get to airport and traveling most of the day. I drank some great rum drinks, though!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009: 9 miles @ 7:41 pace (Treadmill), 2 hour hike in El Yunque
Wednesday, April 29, 2009: 8 miles @ 7:41 pace (Treadmill), day of the accident
Thursday, April 30, 2009: 3 hour hike in El Yunque (VERY hard after accident, but we didn't want our vacation to get too deterred)
Friday, May 1, 2009: 60 minutes slow jog/walk outside, VERY hard with bum knee from accident
Saturday, May 2, 2009: 7 mile slow jog
Sunday, May 3, 2009: 60 minutes elliptical, my cold really started to act up plus the bum knee didn't look so hot
Total Mileage: ~30 miles
I know. I'm stupid. I should take a rest day.
umm, why on earth did you hike and then run within 24 hours of that accident???? and not even swine flu will stop you??? silly...get better!
ReplyDeleteHope you get better. Get yourself checked out.
ReplyDeleteYou are one hard core, tough chick.
It sounds like you need more than a day. Let that knee and the ribs heal a little. Take a few days off from everything. You're very fit--a few days won't make a dent. Actually, a few days off will probably be more beneficial to your half marathon than continuing to push in your current state, Give yourself a much needed and much deserved break.
ReplyDeleteEcho the others' advice. Your body needs to heal a bit, even if you think you can tough it out. I hate taking rest days too and I'm not training for anything but, really, be kind to yourself. Your muscles and mind will be happy for the break and then happy to return to training.
ReplyDeletetake it easy mama! I culdn't workout for like a week after that happened to us
ReplyDelete