Tuesday, May 26, 2009

First Day Back At Work and I Promise NEVER To Eat Burritos Before Track AGAIN!

Well, the day I have been dreading for 6 months and 2 weeks came and went without wailing, weeping, or gnashing of teeth. It was actually surprisingly easy to leave Nathan. Of course, I was leaving him with his grandmother and was only gone for 6.5 hours. I actually only thought about him once or twice (ok, maybe once or twice every half hour), but I didn't feel as obsessed or concerned as I thought I might have. I called at lunch time and then right before I came home and that was it. He only drank one bottle while I was gone and I only had to pump once.

This being said, I am a bit concerned that my milk supply seems to have dwindled. I used to get 4-8 oz when I would pump and recently I have only been getting 3-4 oz. I can't figure out why...but am wondering if it was because I started taking Yasmin birth control pills. I don't know what to do. I started taking Yasmin to address some....ahem....other problems that I was having....with my husband and am loathe to quit them now that I have started to see some progress. But, I don't want to lose my milk! The doctor told me it wouldn't affect my milk supply, but I am thinking he might be wrong. Anyone else have experience with this?

To top off my first day back at work, I went to track practice. I made the mistake of making my FAVORITE burritos for hubby and MIL for dinner (they're from Southern Living and THEY ROCK). As I was putting together the burritos, I told myself that I could have just one taste. Three burritos later (they were small!)....I realized I had made a HUGE mistake. My workout SUCKED. The entire time I was burping and ... farting... (guh-REAT first impression to make) and felt sick to my stomach. From now on, the family is ON THEIR OWN for dinner on Tuesdays.

Weekly Mileage:
Monday, May 18, 2009: 70 minutes elliptical
Tuesday, May 19, 2009: 10 miles, Power Yoga video
Wednesday, May 20, 2009: 10 miles, Body Pump
Thursday, May 21, 2009: 8 miles w/ 6 miles @ 6:48
Friday, May 22, 2009: 9.4 miles
Saturday, May 23, 2009: 8.6 miles
Sunday, May 24, 2009: 16 miles @ 8:15 pace
Total Mileage: 62 miles

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I was just thinking and wondering when you were heading back to work when you commented on my food post there. I'm so glad you made it through the day! I was to go back first may 1 and then today was my other option, so I was thinking about work today. I'm so glad it went well for you! That is too funny about the burritos and farting.

    For the birth control, my ob told me if I went back on, it would decrease the supply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your first day back went well!

    I've heard the BC of any sort can affect your supply. Try adding oatmeal, more protein, and more water to your diet and see if that helps bring it up. I had low supply with my first and those things really helped me eek out enough when pumping.

    MCM Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how's it going with your MIL living with you? Does she read your blog? Let's get some good MIL stories going. ;)

    And sounds like you're in routine with the track on tuesday nights. Awesome! I swear, track workouts have allowed me to run a minute/mile faster than I used to. Soo cool. HARD, but cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good running! And so glad that the first day back went well. It's nice that the first day wasn't super long. Is that your regular schedule now? Gone for six and a half hours a day? Will you continue to do some work from home?

    Hope MIL in the house is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck going back to work. I have been back almost 2 months now and it was much easier than I thought too to leave that first time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everybody!

    I decided to quit the BC pills to see if that would help. MCM Mama, I'll try to up the protein to see if that helps. My little guy also doesn't seem to be drinking as much either. He's only had 1 oz in the 3 hours that I have been gone! So maybe I can train him to only eat when I am home.

    I'm going to be working M-F 10:30 to 4:30 and work from home 2 days a week. Woohoo!

    As for MIL stories, she's actually great with Nathan! And, I was really worried about having no alone time, but hubby and I have been really good about going to bed at 8/9 so that we can talk for an hour or two. I've got great in-law stories in general...some WV rednecks galore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you must be like the Simon Cowell of jogging Mums. You're brutal honesty is hilarious :-)

    ReplyDelete