I am going B-A-T-T-Y over here. I am trying to do things differently this cycle. Doing my meditation. Doing DHEA. Doing LOTS of antibiotics (both me and my husband) and a steriod. Doing a whole new protocol at a whole new clinic in a whole different state.
And, NOT EXERCISING.
It is DRIVING ME CAH-RAZY. I've been walking a couple of miles a day, but sorry folks, that is NOT exercise for the girl that used to do track workouts and lifting and yoga and long runs and spinning and ellipticalling. I feel jumpy. Lethargic. And, I'm not really digging this new layer of fat on my upper thigh. My pants feel too tight. It's funny, but even though I'm not working out, I still have a huge appetite. I'm not sure whether to attribute this to stress or the hormones. Regardless, it is making me feel yucky.
I'm seriously thinking about cheating and working out. Just a little elliptical. Please???
I guess I'm having a hard time with this intellectually because I worked out the cycle that I got pregnant with my son. And, I know people that worked out A LOT and got pregnant (running marathons and the like)...including people doing IVF. I really believe that if you are going to get pregnant, you will get pregnant. That exercise isn't going to make the embryo decide to stop growing. Plus, I can't find any evidence supporting a negative impact on IVF success rates. Of course, there's the study about how women that have exercised for the past 7 years or so have overall lower success rates...but that's it. All that exercise for the past 7 years is water under the bridge now.
Yes, I am looking for permission to exercise. Yes, I know this is not the most evolved way to make a decision. Yes, I know deep down that really I am the one that would be making the decision.
Arg.
I need to go buy new pants. Thank god for leggings and skirts and sweatpants.
Yeah dude, I'd be going caaah-raaaa-zzzzzzy, too. A mellow ellip session or swim sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Just putting on workout clothes and going (EZ) thru the motions is a total mental boost.
ReplyDeleteAnd seriously you have friends who trained for marathons during IVF!? I agree that if you're going to get pregnant, you're going to get pregnant....byt that seems over-the-top ridic to me. Wow. xoxo
I wish I could give you permission. I was jogging through my 8th month, and just recently stopped exercising (and am now also going crazy) ... I agree about the "if you're going to get pregnant" approach.
ReplyDeleteIt would drive me crazy too! I, too, don't believe it makes any difference but at the same time I always scaled back. Urf. Would it help if I ran an extra mile for you (no, I realize it will not). Feel better!
ReplyDeleteI am so scaled back that I am going crazy, and it's even worse now that everyone is gearing up for next season. How you are only walking is amazing to me! I'm doing lame swims, elliptical, easy bikes and a few easy runs but I'm constantly plagued by guilt that even the little bit I'm doing is too much but at the same time I really want to run some fast miles. Arrrgggg.
ReplyDeleteI agree that if it's gonna work, it's gonna work. That being said, I'm not sure I would go run a marathon after your transfer, but if you are feeling up to it with the stims, I don't think a little more exercise would hurt. Like you said, at the end of the day you have to live with it, and you obviously don't want to be in a situation where you are blaming yourself. Ugh, so hard. Hang in there girl!!
ReplyDelete