Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It Shouldn't Be

I decided to spend the $350 and go to my local clinic. As I lounged in bed until 7:45, I decided this was a *VERY* wise decision and well worth every cent.

But, it was upsetting this morning when I realized that I knew all the nurses and the doctors called out my name and asked me how I was doing. And, all the people in the waiting room were new, anxious.

I was the veteran.

With no badges evidencing my success.

P.S. And, to only make matters worse, my antral follie count was only 7. AWESOME.

I didn't want to be there. Doing this again. In the exact same place I was a year ago.

7 comments:

  1. Ugh I always hated being the vet. But an afc of 7 isn't awful---I'd take 7 quality eggs over 20 crappy ones and we know you have some good eggs---look at nugget! Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((((hugs)))))) It freaking blows. But you are strong and healthy and you are going to get through this....and I believe in my heart of hearts that you ARE GOING TO BE PREGNANT again. Keep on keeping on, totally sending you positive and zen vibes. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always get nervous when i go back to my old clinic (the one i'm doing this cycle with). i feel a sense of dread and impending doom and yes, when i saw a few of the nurses in there, its like we are old friends... and it shouldn't be that way. i agree.

    regardless of how you feel, i'm here cheering you and those beautiful 7 antral follies on!

    hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I hate that. I do find some comfort in knowing the protocol since I am a creature of habit and generally don't like change, but it definitely sucks sitting in that office and feeling like you haven't made any progress. So sorry, friend. I am cheering on those 7 follicles. As so many people told me, it only takes 1!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs, sweetie.

    Honestly, it's disconcerting to be "recognized" at my clinic too. Seriously, my doctor actually introduced me to a new nurse, telling her "she's been a patient from way back." Like I was a long lost friend or something.

    Freaked me the eff out. I never wanted to be the veteran. Even now.

    Hang in there sweetie - sending you egg growing mojo.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for making me laugh today :-)

    ReplyDelete